Tuesday 29 January 2013

Jan 29th

Can it be so, January is almost in the history books.  It hardly seems we have been in AJ for 6 weeks.
   The day was nice and sunny, but it was chilly last night, someone said it got down to 41F last night.  There was frost on the car windshield this morning.  I know this kind of talk would get me laughed at in GP today, but we don't have our mukluks down here.  People down here are always telling everyone how cold it is at home, but they never compare with us, wonder why.  Saw the weather at home on CTV news this morning; stay warm all you GP'ers.  That is one of the advantages of bringing our Shaw satellite dish.  All the Bell subscribers are crying foul as they get no reception at all down here this year.  It saves us from watching all the local news & sorting through all the channels for English ones, lots of Mexican tv here.  There are lots of channels available with an antennae, but it's all digital, not like home at all.
  Put my speedometer on the bike today.  It's been sitting in the car trunk for a while.  Not sure about the speed, I really just want to see how far I go.  I discovered the downside of one of these, is trying to keep the speed up.  Almost gave me a heart attack & all I got up to was 13 miles per hour, something like 20 kmph.  It works pretty good although it was chilly riding this AM, so I only went 1.5 miles.  That's another downside, it points out when I didn't go very far.  Hey it was cold out!
  After lunch I played pool and Marg went to get some stuff.  She came back with a sack full of vitamins and what-not to help her deal with the head cold she is suffering through.  We were waiting for a propane delivery, so she asked the neighbour to let me know if he came when she was gone.  I was in the pool room taking lessons again today when it came, so had to take a break.  Get it - that's a pun, took a break in pool.  Ah I crack myself up.  I came within one ball of reaching the 8 ball on one break.  In the next game they asked what happened, my answer - I never pretended to be any good at this game.
  BBQ for supper, first time in quite a while.  It was sure a nice dinner with the roasted potatoes/veggies and all.
  After supper it was bingo night.  Somehow I am becoming a regular with Marg at this.  I'm not sure how that has happened, but I never would have believed it possible a few years ago.  I think it must be the ice cream at intermission, I had a drumstick tonight, thanks Gerry.  No winners in our group, but one winner at the table. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting those wheels rolling.... Hope Mom feels better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete