Thursday 24 January 2013

Jan 24th

Well the weather has changed a bit, we got a light rain this morning.  It was pleasant enough, we still are in short pants, but not the heat of the previous few days.  I think the forecast for the next few days is for some overcast skies with possibility of rain.
  We got up early today, well early for one of us, and went to coffee & donuts.  We often sit at table #1 with a bunch from Ohio & a couple from BC.  I can't believe how many times our number is drawn last & guess what position we were today -- last.  Some other friends reminded me that when I sat with them 2 weeks ago their table was last & they thanked me for changing. 
  We went out shopping this AM and wouldn't you know it the only thing Marg bought was 5 shirts for me at Kohl's.  We had to get back a bit before lunch as it was pool tourney day.
  We were short of players, we only had 6, so it was a good thing I got back, otherwise the team would have had to forfeit.  It was a road trip to Rain Dance, that's about 4 miles from here.  I drew a good partner and with only 3 teams we each had to play twice.  My partner & I won 4 of the 6 games, so we held up our end.  The tables at that park are very different, the pockets have sharp corners and the cloth is the competition felt.  As a result the tables play very fast & we had trouble getting our weight down in the first few games.
  Marg went out for groceries while I was away.  Walmart I believe, there is one very close to the park here in AJ.  There are two others within a short drive, they sure have a lot of them down here.  If we are buying anything larger, we usually go to the one in Mesa, because the municipal tax is lower there making things a bit less.
  Kenny & Doris had happy hour at their place.  They have a large covered cement drive, so in case of rain we would have been dry.  They had a large turnout, there were at least 2 dozen of us.  He's pretty clever, he invites the neighbours on both sides and across from him.  It was lots of fun.
   Supper in the rv  tonight.  Marg made pasta and shrimp.  We eat pretty darn good here.
  We were watching the news from home tonight and they were blaming a 4 times increase in the price of produce on the cold weather in Arizona & California.  That's funny because there is no shortage of produce here & it is still the same price as before the cold weather.  The produce here is so fresh, no comparison to home, it's like fresh from the garden.  In fact Marg just finished using a head of lettuce she said has been in the fridge 2 weeks and it was still nice.  The produce and fruit we get at home must be pretty old by the time it gets on the shelf.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy day... I think your right on how long produce travels.... I don't remember a spud having an expiry date when I was growing up lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky. I don't remember having potatoes as a kid until Sir Walter Raleigh brought some back from the New World. (Google it)

    ReplyDelete