Wednesday 23 January 2013

D Day

D Day, that's what Marg calls Wednesday for short or Dave's Day in full.
  Another nice one.  Started the day early & went golfing with the group from the rv park here.  As you may recall from last year we share T times with another park.  This picture I would call - hey look I found my ball.  I played with 3 guys from the other park, 2 of whom were pretty darn good.  I was hitting the ball off the T & fairway well & if I could chip or putt would have scored well.  But then again if I was putting, the drives would have.... well you know how it is.
 Long ago I realized that I will never be a golfer.  At least 3 times I was on the green in better shape than anyone, then I got out my old fish boat & putt, putt, putt.  I take comfort in the knowledge that in the end it makes no difference anyway.  Did I forget to mention the weather was perfect for golf.  Pleasant in the morning and warming all day long. It was shorts & no jackets on the course today.



  I got back in time for lunch and then help pack laundry over to where the machines are.  Marg, well she went to water aerobics in the morning and then did the said laundry.  She did say that some of the stiffness from prior exercise is working out and that she is not finding the aerobics as difficult this week.  When I got back the pool was pretty much full of the ladies, not a guy to be seen.  She said the pool was cooler, but gradually warmed throughout the day.  My friend Jerry B had volunteered my services to a lady with no electrical power in her bathroom, so she came seeking help.  It took longer to walk there and back than it did to fix it, suffice it say she has light.  I think I need to remind him that I was an accountant, not a maintenance man in my working life.  LOL  The way this place works, she will probably tell everyone with a problem that she knows an electrician in the park.  Fingers crossed.
  Played pool with a couple of Canucks this afternoon.  That is phase II of D Day, the 8 ball games in the pool room.  Pretty much gave as good as I got today.  The one fellow John is almost as bad as me for leaving the opposition safe, so it was fun & if anyone won, they earned it.
  For supper we went to Waldo's, it's a place that specializes in BBQ.  It was our first time there.  We went with Ron & Sue, who had been before.  The food was good, Marg said it was worth a return visit.  The place was pretty funny, the sign on the door said - Sorry we are open!  They had a sampler plate that we both had so we could try different bbq.  We both liked the pulled pork best, although the chicken was a close second.  They made their own corn bread & the side dishes were very good as well.

We got back to the rv park for phase III of D Day, and I played poker with a group of guys.  We had another new player tonight, very encouraging.  He's a pretty fair player and best of all liked to have a few laughs.  I think I about broke even tonight, but I refuse to keep an accurate count.  My measure is how full my money sack is & it is pretty much still full to the brim.

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy one... Love the pics... We still have snow here... With PHIL having his surgery it might take a while before golf is on the cards here xx

    ReplyDelete