Wednesday 28 March 2012

Wednesday, March 28th

What a gorgeous day, the sun shone and it was very warm.
Started off with golf in the AM. Gerry Canuel came to play, as usual, and we took Steve with us today. He played with us last week and we had offered him a ride if he was going this week. He is here visiting his sister, Christine. She is from Tofield and her & Frank stay in the park. Anyway Steve and his wife are visiting from Leeds in Yorkshire. He is a very good golfer and pleasant company and really enjoyed the course last week. He won the closest to the pin on hole #7 today. My game was the best I have played this winter. Nothwithstanding some missed easy shots, I came in at 44. This may well be one of the best games I have ever played, it just doesn't work out this well.
Back in time for noon and Marg made a tasty lunch, then played some pool . This too is winding down and there were fewer players today. When I got back, Marg had webbed feet as she spent over 2 hours in the pool. It was a perfect day for that, but alas I have not been in the ole swimmin' hole this year.
After we went to Bob & Karens for dinner. Bob is quite a cook and he was determined to have fried bologna sandwiches, so had a small group over to try it. Apparently this is very popular in the part of Ohio they come from. He deep fries seasoned bologna and they had a nice potatoe soup with it. Everyone brought a dish, Marg made up a veggie tray. Lots laughs with this group as well. Gary's brother Mel was there and they are leaving tomorrow. Mel had golfed with Gerry & me earlier. Seems all the non-golfers have relations who like to play & play well, so they set them up with us to take out. Kind of funny, or it would be if I were a better hacker. But I digress, the bologna sandwiches were pretty good. Marg thinks we may just have been very hungry, LOL.
Had to leave early as it was poker night and our numbers were down. We had 6 tonight and I think I may have come out with more than I started with. Played some new games this week and that is good as it keeps us from getting in a rut.
Thats all folks!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm playing to 20 hcp, that's almost unemployable. I need to find you a nice mixed bag of clubs for when you get here.

    ReplyDelete