Sunday 4 March 2012

Sunday - March 4th

Happy birthday Paige & Haylee. Our 2 newest teenagers Slower day today, got up and rode the bike down to Idaho and back. A bit of a breeze blowing and a nice time to cycle. I will have to get a picture tomorrow of the area where I turn around. There are stables there and quite a few horses & it's right in the city. Sat around in the sun a bit & washed the patio. Funny thing but it dries almost as soon as you wash it in this heat. Neither of us went to the pool as it was pretty much full. After lunch Luther was looking to play & no one else was in the hall, so I played for about an hour or so. A neighbour stopped by and Marg was telling her how well the steamer worked, so she ended up steaming a skirt & blouse for her. She left saying she was buying one. Marg should be selling these things on commission, I think she had convinced several dozen people to buy them rather than iron. One of the guys just up the road bought another car. Bud bought one last year for $200 & took it back home to sell. This one is better and needs just as much work as the last one. I hope he didn't pay much for it. It needs a brake job, so there is Marg - Dave has done lots of brake jobs, he can fix that. Earlier in the day Ron Hanner told us he found his surge protector and now needs to install it, except he isn't confident he can do it. So Marg says Dave just did one in our motorhome & voila, I think I have another job, sheesh don't these people know I was an accountant, not a mechanic when I worked. LOL Alhtough the mob in the prohibition era were supposed to have called their bookkeepers mechanics. After supper it was ice cream social again. We had live music again and the place was packed. We offered: banana splits, root beer floats or sundaes. We sold almost all the ice cream we had, and Kenny will have to buy lots for next week, we were very busy. I think there are only about 2 or 3 more of ice cream socials before the end of the season. There was a bit of a kerfuffle about who should be booking entertainment from the association, so the executive booked this one. The group played old time country music as well as some of their own songs. Well it is not my kind of music & it was all I could do to keep awake & that was before intermission, even Marg found it a bit slow. Chamber music would have woke everyone up - LOL. At intermission Kenny asked them to pick up the tempo. I wasn't there, but Marg said the singer cried. Oh my gawd - I sure hope they don't get booked again. It was particularly hard to take as the group last weekend were so good.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Paige & Haylee... We tried calling but no such luck. Glad to heat they are keeping you out of trouble in all that heat lol

    ReplyDelete