Monday 26 March 2012

Monday, March 26

The day was nice and we got off to a good start. Went out to Walmart and I got a haircut there. Not something I would normally do, but it was the best haircut I have had down here, LOL. We needed a few groceries anyway and were there for that, so took a chance. After we stopped in at Patriot to make an appointment for oil changes for the car & motorhomefor next Wednesday. The car will be $17.95 for oil & filter. For the motorhome he quoted me $35, which compares favourably with the $160 I would pay in GP. Mainly they do it with bulk oil, which saves quite a bit. Lunch today was back at the park. After I went and played pool for a while. Even pool has really slowed down, there were only 7 players today. We had lots of laughs, as usual. The mail this afternoon contained a surprise, the 3rd package on my birthday trilogy from the Smiths. It was a map of Canada/Alaska made in June, 1947, the year I was born. Pretty cool, I think Char got it on the internet and it was shipped to here from South Carolina. Pretty neat to see what the world around us was like at that date. Thank you all. The Blanke's returned from the rally and had asked Kenny's brother over for cocktails. Marg had been making noises about margaritas, so we packed the blender & stuff to blend over to their park model. Pretty funny as he had 2 bottles of Molson Canadian for himself and me. Marg blended drinks for everyone else and even a couple who were just passing by. On the way back to the rv carrying our blender and what ingredients were left; got waved in by another reprobate & poured some of the margarita mix in his glass to stop the - hey Dave stuff. LOL At the end of happy hour Marg informed me that I was the designated driver as she was in no condition to drive. Wait - what's wrong with this picture? Fortunately Jerry B was and we all 4 couples went to the Grand buffet, the Chinese buffet on the trail. A short walk around the park in the evening and that was our day.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the map alright was panicked about your mail before you left. love you x

    ReplyDelete