Friday 16 March 2012

March 16th

Another hot one today, I saw 85F on the car thermometer & it seemed warmer than yesterday.
Had a bunch of running around to do, so chased around at Costco, then Basha's & a bunch of other stores. It was very busy at costco, does that place ever have a slow day, LOL. Marg was buying all kinds of stuff for the party tomorrow. At last count I think she has 22 people coming around after the corned beef & cabbage dinner. It will be kind of frantic as we are working in preparing the dinner, then have lots to do to get organized. Also got a water bottle holder for my bike, got to pack your own water in the desert.
Played some pool today. A few games with some new people in the park. The team made out well yesterday, they won 13, lost 5. It's usually the opposite when I play, so just as well that we were busy & I couldn't play.
The dealership called & said they almost had the vibration out of the car, but needed to balance the wheels, so I consented. Around 5PM they called to say it was ready & vibration free. When we got there, they were great, they even drive the car up front for you to get in, just like valet parking. They replaced both front axles, one motor mount, one transmission mount and then found some small electrical thing with the motor that they fixed. The best part is when I went to pay they said everything except the wheel balance was warranty, so my total cost for 3 days in the shop was $65. Oh that also included the rental of the truck we drove for the last 3 days. The best part is - warranty in Canada 3 yrs/60K; warranty in USA 5 yrs 100K miles. They treated it under the US warranty terms. At home my warranty ended in 2009 when I hit 60K. Don't anyone tell me about bad service down here; it's great! Did I mention that the car runs like new, it's perfect.
The desert is starting to bloom, some of the cactus in the park are covered in blooms. It makes you wonder how anything as nasty as a cactus can be so beautiful. I guess that's how they lure people and other things in so they can stick into them, Hah!

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing service! You must be ao pleased.. What a fan early birthday gift from Chevy! Lovely pics.. Hope all the party goes well... At least it's not a surprise. x

    ReplyDelete