Friday 30 March 2012

Friday, March 30th

OMG, it is almost the end of March. Hot one today, I think it must have been around 85F. We got up early and went to the Mesa market with Bingers. Picked up a few things we didn't know we needed until we got there, but were happy to bring home. LOL Marg got an outdoor mat with some southwestern design on it. I got a new chipper. I bought one last year and it doesn't work so I bought a new one this year. We picked up a few other things as well. The vendors are dealing now, they know if they don't get your buck today they may not get another chance. I played a bit of pool this afternoon. After we had cocktails with just the Blanke's & Binger's and then went out for dinner with them to the Native New Yorker. I think 5 of us had the haddock & chips special. It was very good and we got to use another coupon from our book. Laugh if you will, but the savings on our bill alone almost paid for the book. Marg & I ate there in a prior year, but for some reason had not been back til now. Blanke's are leaving for home tomorrow, we will miss them & look forward to seeing them next year. There are a bunch leaving this weekend, so will try and get around to say our good byes to all. The poker guys are starting to feel the end is in sight, so we had an unscheduled game tonight. I think they are trying to empty my money bag. I use a crown royal bag & it is pretty heavy with dimes & nickels. Lots of fun anyway and we are still scheduled for next Wednesday. Knowing these guys, they will probably want to ride in the motorhome for the first 50 miles when we leave so we can play one last game. LOL

1 comment:

  1. You had one of those crown royal bags of quarters when I was a kid from your poker habit with the Canuels...sounds like a lot of drawn out gpod-byes! Shame x

    ReplyDelete