Thursday 16 February 2012

Thursday

Chilly again last night, although the temp did warm up, reaching 70F around mid-day, so a decent day after all. We both got up and went for coffee & donuts this AM in the rec hall. Major shock to everyone, seeing Marg there again, LOL. It was a full house & our table was picked in the middle of the order, a good sign that it would be a good day. After we went out and I got a haircut. Marg thought it was too short, but there is only 10 days difference between a good or bad haircut. It is also one of the things that is not cheaper down here, as there are no senior rates. That would give almost everyone a discount. The snowbird impact creates a strange phenomenon here; all the disabled parking stalls are filled, the power shopping carts are always all taken. After that we stopped at Fry's & they did indeed have Crown Royal at 2 for 1, so picked up 4 bottles. They will come in handy next summer, LOL. Got back in time for lunch and then I went off to play in the inter-park pool tourney. Gerry Lair and I were partners today, the first time we have paired. It was road trip day to Eastgate, the toughest competitor in the league. Our team lost 10-8, but Gerry & I won all 3 of our games, the only pair to do so today. I played with my old cue and it was the right choice. The triple win was uplifting as I seem to have been on a bit of a losing streak of late. Marg made a nice chicken dinner in the slow cooker. She has a small one she keeps in the rv. After dinner the neighbours were at the door to get us to go to the concert. We had a husband & wife team from Saskatchewan who sang & played in the rec hall. He was an excellent guitarist along the lines of Chet Atkins & her voice was fabulous. Previously he had played with a number of famous entertainers including Ian Tyson, one of my favourites. At half time they took requests and unknown to me, Marg asked them to play Ian's song Summer Wages; pretty much my favourite from all of his work. They were funny as well, especially him, a good all over act & the hall was full. The crowd really responded well to them. Almost forgot, he played Wildwood Flower, a song I heard the first time I met Marg & one that still reminds me of that. A great day in Apache Junction.

No comments:

Post a Comment