Wednesday 22 February 2012

D Day

Wednesday, the day Marg calls - Dave's day, DDay for short. What a nice day, must have been in the high 70's.
Played golf this AM in shorts & wore my golf sandals again. Hard to believe, but they are better than my golf shoes, both for comfort & stability during the swing. Game started off with a bad drive, but the day just kept getting better. Score was Ok, but best of all I won the long putt today & pocketed $15. Almost everyone puts a dollar for each in a pot and the longest putt on hole #4 as well as the closest to the pin on #7 win one of the pots. Best of all, this was my fourth round with the same ball.
When I got back I had lunch with Marg and then played some pool. Quit early and went to help Jerry B with an electrical item on his motorhome. It involved the main plug in & the wire is such heavy guage, it is challenging to work with. Anyway we got it sorted out & it seems good now. What was really funny is some people stopped in to see what we were up to and Jerry said he had his electrical expert working on the problem. At that point I said - you do know what I did for a living when I worked, don't you? To which he just laughed.
Marg went to the swimming pool and hung out with the regulars there. One of these days I should go and see what it's all about. I was in there twice last year, but have not got around to it yet this winter. She was also over at Blanke's looking at their new furniture & I believe socializing in other parts of the park.
A funny thing happened, not sure how but she was talking to a couple of girls after bingo and now I think she has a bunch of them coming over for margarita's before bingo next Tuesday. After talking to 2 of them, she heard from some others that they were planning on coming, so at this point we are not sure how big her following is. Stay tuned for next week.
She did laundry after supper while I went and played poker. To mix things up a bit I took a couple of new games that we played. It's dealer's choice, so the dealer can pretty much deal anything except stook or 21, whatever you want to call it. I dealt some: roll your own & firey cross and the guys thought they were pretty good additions and dealt some of them as well. With only 5 players we got to play anything so I think played almost every game in our repetoire: chase the queen, jacks, chicago, spit in the ocean, change the diaper, deuces, cowboy poker, low hole, etc. We have lots of laughs, although I had more than anyone. I couldn't do anything wrong and came away the big winner.
I know, no pictures on the blog for a while, will try and fix that in the future. ;>))

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had horseshoes all around! Good for you... Phil and I both prefer out golf sandals to shoes, which is why we bought you them. Gla to hear Mon had a social day as well.. I had thought it was her laundry day... Hope your both having a great time. xx

    ReplyDelete