Friday 10 February 2012

Busy day in the Park

The park wide yard sale was held today & the park was literally over-run with bargain hunters. It was a gorgeous day for it, I think the weather was 79F. Marg made a few purchases, like the coffee maker she bought for Kenny & Doris's park model. I guess we have everything now; so she has started buying things for the neighbours. LOL The real reason is so that Bill & Patti will have a coffee machine when they stay there. She bought: a new coffee carafe, a couple of movies, a couple of doo-dads & knick-knacks. After searching out all the bargains, she went to work in the rec hall at the bake sale. They sold every manner of baked goods, I think Marg donated some squares. Funny, the gal in charge said they were too good to sell by the pan, so split them into smaller bunches. I think she was taking cash, another thing she excels at. The lunch & pie sales at these park sales are a big part of the experience. I went for lunch to the hall & had a sloppy joe & piece of pumpkin pie. I also bought a piece of apple pie for supper. They tried to sell me a piece of shoo-fly pie, but I wasn't in to trying something radically new in pie, when my two favourites were available. There was a raffle as a fund raiser and there were a couple dozen prizes. Last year, Marg won 4 times, but only kept the first one, turning the rest of the tickets back so others would have a chance. Wouldn't you know it, she won 3 times this year & only kept the first one [a bottle of wine], again turning the other 2 winning tickets back to give others a chance. A couple of my pool friends commented on how lucky she was. I agreed that she was very lucky, just look she won me. Their reply was that if it was a lottery, they wanted to know which one so that they wouldn't buy tickets by mistake. LOL The park sold a lot of pies & sloppy joes. I heard that they went through 12 dozen buns & had to get a big order in to complete the lunch hour. I also did my part, I walked around chatting with the people in the park who were selling stuff, ate at the hall & then played pool in the afternoon. After lunch we went for a walk & go to see the owls. This pair of great horned owls have been in the park as long as we have been coming here. They were perched in the tops of the palm trees.

1 comment: