Saturday 28 January 2012

Saturday Jan 28

Breakfast in the park this AM with friends. No Marg did not make it, in fact the people at breakfast on Saturday AM have even stopped asking where she is. It was great as usual.
The weather was windy, but hot. Had to wear short pants, it got to 77F, I think that would be about 22C. We went to the market in Mesa & I exchanged my books. Marg got a good deal on something else, bread knife I think. After that we went to Home Depot & got another short piece of wire. I must almost have everything I need to install the surge protector. Pretty cool store, they sure have lots of things we don't in our store in GP. Marg was drooling over a gas range, it was exactly what she wants and about 1/3 of the cost of a matching one at home.
Gas went up again today. Arghhh It is probably just ramping up until we have to fill up and head for home. $3.43/gallon today. Diesel was $3.85.
Lunch in the rv and then I went to play pool for an hour or so. Marg went to pick up a few groceries. She wants me to put in that she paid $1.50 for a gallon of milk. After we went to Total Wine and I got a very nice bottle of Irish whiskey, a 12 yr old single malt - Tulamore Dew!
For supper we had some turkey pies Marg got at this cool grocery store. If there is a designer groceteria, that was it. Even the displays were very artistic. Marg said it was the best meat pie she has ever eaten. I'm don't know about best, but it was very tasty. It sure didn't taste like it was warmed up, rather it tasted fresh.
By the time supper was over, it was time to go to the dance. It was in our park and it was the same pair we went to hear on Valentines last year. The hall was packed to capacity, the entertainers were great. I can't recall when we danced this much, but we certainly danced the night away. We waltzed, we jived, we polka'd, we rocked and in the end I was looking for a defibrilator to jump start my heart again. LOL A fun day in AJ for this couple!

2 comments:

  1. Another great day. Enjoy that tulamore dew, that's just about my favourite we don't see that here much. It's the one that I have in the crock jar that only comes out on special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day.. Still trying to figure where in that RV you can fit a gallon of milk. lol

    ReplyDelete