Thursday 10 February 2011

Thursday Feb 10

Nice day, started off a bit windy. Coffee & donuts this AM at the hall and it was pretty well attended. It's a good social opportunity & we sat at a table full of BC people & one couple from Pincher Creek, Ab. I see the dollar is still above the US dollar, but edging down. The other day when I had to pay a 25 cent fine for not wearing my name badge at coffee, they were trying to get me to pay a Canadian quarter. My response was no way, it was worth more. That got a few laughs. I helped set up the hall for the sale tomorrow. Marg helped her friend Rita and some other ladies make Sloppy Joes [filling] for the big sale tomorrow. There are 2 old gals her that she always helps, Rita & Rosie and she says Rita reminds her of mom, so she likes to help her. Later we had french toast for breakfast today, must have done something right to get my fav. Now if only I knew what I did right, I could repeat it. LOL. Played pool in the inter-park tourney and my partner Jerry & I won all 3 games. We were the only Carefree team to win all 3, in fact half lost all 3. I must confess that the opposition played out of some nasty safety's & we had one win with their scratch on the 8 ball - while hooked. A win is a win - eh? After supper we went for our usual walk around the park & I discovered that the palms here are date palms. Elmer was picking a few, so we stopped and took a picture. This was the first time we have seen dates on them & Marg ate a few. Down in Yuma most of the palms are date, but it's unusual here. On the way back we stopped and visited with Sheri, nice lady & she shared some grandkid pics with us. She lost her husband last year, but she is making the best of it. After getting back, Marg packaged some brownies & took them to the hall to donate for the bake sale. She is also scheduled to help out in the kitchen serving for 2 hours. Should be pretty busy in the park tomorrow. Let me tell you - we are involved.

1 comment:

  1. The blog makes it sounds like both of you have come out of retirement... lol Its no wonder all you pensioners snowbird there... dates are what I call old peoples food. lol

    ReplyDelete