Tuesday 15 February 2011

Feb 16th

Another sunny day in Lotus land. Had to sit around waiting for the propane delivery truck as Marg went to crafts this AM. She normally doesn't do the craft thing, but today it was painting on rocks. The grande children will get a kick out of this, because it is one of her many activities for them out at the lake in the summer. It's an adult activity here & the rocks are flat pieces of sandstone they get from a quarry. She did a neat picture of a Kokopelli, so I attached a copy to share with you. I played pool, small group today. I told them I wouldn't be there on Thurs for the inter-park, not a popular message. My partner & I have been our strongest team the last few weeks, once again showing the value of playing safe even if I'm not a good shot. Marg & I signed up for the Organ Stop Pizza trip Thurs as we have never gone & are curious to see it. After we went out to pick up a few things at Fry's & Marg got some nice sauerkraut that she used to make rueben sandwiches for dinner. One of my fav's in the sandwich category. Washed the car on the way home, it wasn't muddy, just covered in dust. Some really neat people leaving tomorrow because of health reasons, we will miss them. Just one of the problems with this geriatric group. I'll give you a Gerry-ism: he said he took his wife to Walmart to read the valentines day cards. Said they weren't his words anyway & after all the years he didn't see the need to invest in a card, so just took her to read them. Another one of his is - when leaving, if you say - see you tomorrow; he will reply - thanks for the warning. Pretty funny guy! Big news we are expecting, no not us, the park. One of our great horned owls is sitting on a nest, way up in a palm tree, so we may have young ones. What do they call those anyway - owlets? For those of you who are curious, I have also attached a photo of the activity board for this week. As a friend from Nebraska always says - Have a Good Day Today & a Better One Tomorrow!

2 comments: