Thursday 24 February 2011

Election day

Another sunny day, but a little cooler, probably only in the high 60's. Lots of talk of snow and cold around the park as almost everyone comes from a wintery place. We usually end up with the coldest numbers & people just say - I see why you are here or how can you live there. We both got up and went to coffee & donuts this AM, it was very well attended. Had a blueberry fritter, I highly recommend them. After the usual, the election for president & vp of the residents assoc was held. It took quite a while for Kenny & his team to count the votes. A bunch were waiting & I said it was a little like waiting for the white smoke from the vatican when they get a new pope. Got lots of laughs. I felt bad for Kenny, he was in the middle of lots of stuff, topped off by someone asking him to step outside - some idiot. Hey they make a joke about people from Iowa down here - it stands for: idiots out wandering around. I never saw it, but he surely was from there. LOL Oh yeh, the incumbents were re-elected as pres & vp respectively by a good majority. Marg went to Costco with Sue, I played in the inter-park pool tourney. We played Raindance & they beat us bad last time. We fared much better today, my partner & I won 2 of our 3 games. They guys were all talking & pointing out the better players & they picked out one they thought the best. Well guess who was on the pair we played. In the last game he scratched on the 8 ball, to give us the 2nd win & my philsophy was - a win is a win. Both Jim & I were psyched out by the talke of our opponents & missed some really lame shots. Later in the afternoon we asked Kenny & Doris for cocktails and they brought Ron & Mary and Almyra with them, so we had a toast to their election. After we all went out for a chinese buffet. Lots of laughs and a good time. Price of fuel sure going up, it has risen about 35 cents a gallon since we got here. I can hardly wait to fill the motorhome - sheesh. When they were complaining about gas prices, I told some of the guys down here to buy more Canadian oil & spend less with the arabs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi grandma and grandpa hope your having fun! Miss you lots! Love you both From Paige.

    Yo it is kennedy I hope you guys are having funnnnnn!!! Love Kennedy

    Yo Yo it's kassidy missing you lots! Hurry back Xoxo

    Hi grandma and grandpa I hope that u r having a good time I love you miss you lots love haylee

    ReplyDelete