Monday 4 October 2010

Scenes of Yellowstone

The whole area was formed by volcanic activity, as much as 50 million yrs ago. Heck I would've still been in elementary school. Took a picture of a petrified tree, it looks like a rock column. Apparently the forest was buried in the volcanoes and then erosion exposed the tree, turned to rock. Got a nice shot of a waterfall at Hanging Valley. There are quite a few waterfalls in the park. Also got one of Roaring mountain letting off steam. There are hot steaming pools of water everywhere. Kind of makes me wonder when the next eruption can be expected from all this thermal activity though.

2 comments:

  1. amazing pics... I can almost smell the sulfer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that Charlene pressured you into blogging, this is my first look in this trip, I will be renewing my subscription. (Phil)

    ReplyDelete