Saturday 3 January 2009

Our first day in Yuma [not the prison]

Beer 30 cans for $21, hooray for Walmart! Went for a drive to see Yuma, stumbled on a major gun show. Never seen so many pistols and automatic weapons in one place. Right then I knew it was going to be a great day for me too. What makes your man in a great mood, yes a gun show. After that Dave spotted a huge Flea market that we walked around. It was bigger than West Edm Mall. Had a polish sausage there for lunch but had to leave before we saw a quarter of it. You would have to spend the whole weekend there to have a chance of seeing it all, now that's a plan, LOL. Dave got new runners @ Walmart to go with the new beer and picked the $10 ones [shoesthat is], I made sure he ended up with the expensive $30 ones. LOL, he will thank me later. Back home for Miller time and trying the 3rd brand of beer, so far no bad ones. It was really cool & overcast today [got to about plus 66], we had to put on a sweater by 4PM. Our email in Yuma is now gmail, we are at mgourlay34@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. He will be thanking you for upgrading those go fasters when he is walking in that hot dessert. Sounds like you are testing a few beers before we meet you... Phil will be pleased about the quality control. It snowed here today.... so enjoy your beautiful weather... I can't belive the snow arrives just as I take the tree down in time for the Epiphany tomorrow. Just Typical! Not sure I like the sound of a gun show over there... yikes. Oh, and I keep thinking I must tell you to beware of the snakes. Love you
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I am back at work I have registered so that I can follow your progress. It's not making things feel any better here in the office though. Looking forward to seeing you both in Feb. Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys, it looks like you're having a great trip, I'm really happy for you! I've caught up reading all the posts from the start of the blog so from here on out I'll be a regualr reader to catch up on what the Gorlays are up to! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete