Monday 19 January 2009

Date for a Date

Played pool a bit this AM and won one game. That may not sound like much, but some of these geezers had cues instead of rattles, they've been playing so long. Some of the guys went prospecting after for the rest of the day. They claim to find small amounts of gold or silver, but I think mostly scorpions & rattlers. What a gorgeous day, temp was about 79F and just enough breeze so it wasn't too hot. Went and toured a bit today. Went to the Peanut Patch where they have every kind of nut and peanuts every way you can think of. On the way stopped and Marg poached an orange from a tree, she is concerned about getting a reputation as a fruit poacher. LOL Then we went to Sun Garden Growers in Bart, California, where they grow dates. They use man lifts to pick the dates from the tops of the date palms. I would guess these Royal Palms to over 30 ft tall. Bought Marg a date shake and tasted it before committing to one for myself. They had 4 kinds of dates, we chose Madjool, one of us loved it, the other thought they were pretty good. Got home for a couple Landshark Lager's, they are made in Florida so hope to introduce Phil to them. It was burger nite, but we passed and Marg made a wonderful pasta with shrimp & scallops. Then on to what was left of the rice pudding. Life is good. We try to walk lots, but at best I think I am staying even, definitely not losing any weight. Tomorrow is a travel day for me and I will be in Edm all day Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Now I get it... was worried when I read you had shakes.... no wonder all those old timers go south, old people love eating dates...
    Safe travel to Edmonton... love you both.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah even this old timer likes dates. I've had those madjool type and liked them but never in a shake. Its great that you are officially caravanners now.

    ReplyDelete