Wednesday 11 March 2020

Wednesday, March 11th

It sure rained hard this morning and had rained pretty much all night.  There was lots of standing water and it was flowing in the drainage ditches.  Driving down the side streets there were lots of pools to splash the on coming traffic.  The good news was that it was not cold, rather the temperature was still in the high teens.
  I went out early in the morning to the dental office.  When I got home everyone was having breakfast, so I got to try out my teeth right away.  That resulted in a second visit to the dental office  for an adjustment.  The kids had been idle for long enough that they wanted to go along for a ride.  We managed to hit a few puddles, which I suspected is their primary interest, but the water was draining quickly. On the way back we drove around a bit looking for puddles, but didn't have a lot of success.  While driving I pointed out the place where I used to get oil changes for $16 or $17.  I know that is hard to believe for where I come from, but it is common here.
  At home we pretty much were killing time while the rain continued.  As a result we had lunch at our place. By that time we were getting kind of late to do much as we had an appointment with our banker.  When leaving for the bank, our guests wanted to break out, so we took them along to the Ross's in AJ where they could look around.  The bank took a little longer than expected so they had almost an hour to wander around there.  Cassie & Daniel went for a snack at Taco Bell, while Sam went to a Cricket store, well at least that is where we found them.  The banker did an electronic transfer of most of our account here to our US dollar account back at home.  It was a bit of a surprise, but we had to bring our passports to get that done.
  We finished up just in time to get in line for supper.
   It was hamburger night in the clubhouse tonight, so we all went.  The crowd was a bit smaller, but there had to be at least 80 or 90 people there.  The burgers were good as usual.  Not certain what the kids thought, but there were no leftovers, so that is usually a good sign.  There were a few other people there with family as well, so it seems they had the same idea.
  After supper we had a bit of time.  The boys had decided to go to a movie at the theater not too far from here.  Marg had agreed to drive them to the movie, so that I could play poker tonight.  So that is what I did.  Before I left I had to program the location of the theater into the gps and she wasn't all that happy the way it routed her.  I give her full marks, she made a decision to come home her regular way rather than use the gps.  Then I agreed to pick them up after the movie ends.
 

1 comment:

  1. Was great having a FaceTime with you guys today and hearing all about the fun you have had xx

    ReplyDelete