Thursday 5 March 2020

Thursday, March 5th

A gorgeous day in the valley.  Temperatures were warm over night and the sun brought them up quickly today.  I believe the daytime high was 83 F or 29 C.  It was the hottest day of 2020 so far.
  We went for coffee klatch this morning and it was not quite as busy as the last few weeks.  It must have been that some people got word the donuts would not be free and couldn't afford the dollar.  We were drawn about 3rd, so still good selection.  I joked about us needing to share a donut as I only had one dollar but we both went up to select it.  In the end we did each get one, but funny as we both chose the same kind.  LOL 
  After coffee we went to work on our place.  I vacuumed and then Marg washed the floors.  Then she did the bathroom and we had it all done before noon.  We had a bite and then she went to get a few groceries at Safeway.  Mostly she wanted things for a quick breakfast for at least a couple of days.  I did a few things around here and had a bit of chill-axing time.
  At 2 we left home for the airport as it takes at least a half hour without heavy traffic.  The kids flight was an hour earlier than the original plan which was good as traffic was pretty light.  I dropped Marg off and then went to drive to the oversize parking lot.  Well the traffic around terminal 3 was grid locked, so I cut out and went through the passenger pick up lanes.  Unfortunately so did a lot of other folks and the one in front of me was a large cement mixer.  Now that made for interesting traffic maneuvering.
I
 I actually called Marg and told her to go directly to the arrival gate as I didn't expect to be there in time.  I was able to get there, thanks in part to the disabled parking pass Marg has.  The rub was the flight was delayed a half hour so had lots of time.  It must have been busy in the arrival areas as they took quite a while to get to the gate, but they were there all smiles and eager.  Then it was down to the baggage area.  Their checked bags were to be on carousel 5, but owing to the number of flights coming in it was re-routed to #4.  I believe there were about a dozen all arriving for carousel within a half hour of each other, so it was probably grid lock where the baggage wagons come in. 
  As soon as the bags started flowing I went for the truck.  That way I was able to get ahead many of the cars picking up.  I asked which door and Daniel with his prior experience quickly responded with the same one we used last time.  LOL  By the time I got there, they were all on the sidewalk and ready to load, so it went very smoothly.
  They were hungry, not having eaten since breakfast, so Marg sorted out supper and came up with the China Buffet.  By then it was rush hour and traffic leaving the airport was heavy and the 202 was 8 lanes bumper to bumper.  With a bit of luck I managed to go from the curb lane over to the HOV right across all the lanes and we were able to make about 50 mph or 80 kmph, so we  made good time getting through the jamb. 
Once we got past the 101 it was good going.  I turned off on Power as it was the fastest route to the China buffet.  Driving along I said we were going to go right past the Golden Corral and my famished passengers all opted for a change of venue.  It was funny to see them taking off coats and putting on lighter clothes.  Daniel even put shorts on in the truck before eating.  The Golden Corral it was and we were fed a few minutes before 5.

We were at our place by something like 5:30 so Daniel took Cassie and Sam for a tour of the place on the golf cart.  It was still very nice out and we sat around for a bit.
 One thing I will say is the group didn't have any difficulty making decisions.  By then the light was fading as it is pretty much full dark here around  PM.  They all decided to go for a swim and grandma was up for it as well, so within a few minutes they were in the hot tub and then the pool. I think they made an error going to the hot tub first as then the pool felt cool [for all except grandma], but they persevered.  After the pool we played a game of golf [cards] and then they called it a night.

2 comments:

  1. What great way to end a travel day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous... already action packed, and its just day one! Have a great time together xx

    ReplyDelete