Wednesday 12 February 2020

Wednesday, Feb 12th

A nicer day, although the morning was cool. 
  It was golf at Apache Sun this morning.  Gerry came and rode with me as Deb and his grandson wanted to shop in some of the stores around here.  The golf game this morning left a bit to be desired, probably the poorest performance I have put in for a long time.  The only bright spot, well I never lost a ball and the guys I played with were good company.  I'm starting to think miniature golf has some appeal, you know put the ball through the windmill or in the clowns mouth.  LOL
  There is a lot of road construction in the area around Queen Creek, so it took a bit longer to get home.  We were back about 11:30 and Deb was waiting here for Gerry so they could head back.
  Marg went with the gamblin' gals this morning, I believe they departed at about 9:30.  They had a full load with 7 of them this morning.  Apparently they had lots of close calls, but only one of them had a winner.  Even with that she split 6 or 7 ways, so got $50 out of it.  So it seems it is not the venue, rather just plain old bad luck.  Marg said she is changing her outlook, so now is just going for the fun and I guess that is what they had today. 
  When she got home we went out to Walmart for a few groceries.  With the 3 grandchildren arriving tomorrow we need a few things. Not certain if we have it all covered, but we'll see and if not we can adjust when they get here.  We got back in time for a bite to eat in our place.  A bit of a rush as I had to get to poker.
  While I was at poker, Marg did a load of laundry.  She brought her drying racks into the breezeway so they can sit out through the night.  I should have stayed to do laundry, but instead went to the poker group to get cleaned.  I can't seem to get it back together lately and lost more than my share tonight.  I even changed tables and gambled with different guys, but it was almost like today was a jinx.  Same thing as golf, the guys at the table I played were fun.  One of them if Bob, who doesn't need a reason to be funny.  Some of the fellows from the other table don't like to play with him because of the fooling around, but they tend to take it all too serious in my opinion.
  We got a call from Bill late in the day, he and Patti were taking the grandchildren to Edmonton for their flight out for Phoenix tomorrow, it sure will be nice to see them.  We have a list of options for things they may want to do and are looking forward to their visit tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Excited for your visit, can’t wait to hear what you get up to... have fun xx

    ReplyDelete