Tuesday 7 January 2020

Tuesday, January 7th

The darn wind was very cold this morning and blew hard well in to the morning.  By noon it had warmed and we had a very pleasant day.  Our guests were up and had their morning walk early today.  We slept in a bit, but I was still up at 7 AM.
  We had some breakfast and Bonnie ate a tangelo that George picked from Smitty's tree yesterday.  It was a bit different than an orange, not just in shape, but taste as well, a little sweeter.  We watched the news/weather station and the traffic on the 202 right to downtown seemed fine, as was the #10 westbound.  This seemed to allay their concerns with driving the freeway.  They were packed up and out of here just about 9 AM.  We have not heard from them since, so assume they made it to Palm Springs in California.
  Marg stripped the bedding and put it through the wash machine.  It was still going when she had to leave.  The park co-manager was having a birthday lunch at her daughters place today and Marg was one of 6 ladies invited.  She reported that they had a great time and lots of laughs.  Rhonda's son spent a lot of time hanging around Marg and was very chatty, I think he's about 3 now.  Her two older girls and her son all stop by to say hello when they are in the park.  It goes back to when we came in the motorhome and Marg always has had some treat for them.  She has also bought a lot of girl scout [guide in Canada] cookies from them.  So the washers finished while she was gone, so I took the bedding to the laundromat and put it in the dryer.  I sat around in the sun reading while it dried, so lots of folks stopped by to ask what I was up to.  Well what else, I;m doing laundry was my reply.  The ladies were really impressed with how domestic I am and all those gals can't be wrong.  LOL
  Another downside, I had to make my own lunch today.  Good thing she had lots in the fridge and cupboard, so that was no problem.  I also had a fresh orange for dessert.  My sinus are acting up right now, it seems to happen every year.  The pollen seems at its worst right about now and some time ago my doc said its likely because these pollen's are foreign to me.  Hah I made a pun.  Anyway its like the old joke, I backwards because my nose runs and feet smell.  LOL.Lots of folks are coughing or sniffling these days.
  After I went and played some pool.  There were only 3 guys, but two are some of the ones I liek to play, so it was fun.  The time went by quickly and when I got home Marg was already there and doing more laundry.  She noticed right off that I had completed the earlier load and folded the bedding.  The wind had died down a bit and she was able to hang some things out. When I got back I attempted to call Telus.  Our television/internet bill for last month was 190 dollars and our service was supposed to be on vacation suspension with a charge of $15 per month.  It seems all they did was increase the regular bill by $15.
  It was happy hour at Blankes today, their first one since arriving.  Needless to say it was a full crowd so very noisy.  Kenny really likes that and was tickled.  He had saved a special seat for Marg up among the ladies at the front and came to get her for it.  While there my phone rand so I had to step away and deal with Telus.  The lady I spoke with was very helpful and just said the agent messed it up and she would fix it and we would now have a large credit.  I complained that the same thing happened last year, but not certain that did any good.
  We had a quick supper before going to bingo at the hall.  Marg had a good night with 2 winning cards on the early bird.  There were 8 winners, one of whom was me, so between us we won 3/8 ths of the prize money.  She also had a winner on the last game and split with another lady, so at the end of the night we had a nice wad of cash.

1 comment: