Sunday 19 January 2020

Sunday, Jan 19th

A nice day, windy, but nice today.  The night time temp was pleasant as well, so it seems to be gradually warming up.  That will likely mean more critters will start to become active soon, especially the reptiles, being the cold blooded ones.
  I got out in time to take in the the service in the park this morning.  It has been a while owing to other commitments, but it was a nice sermon today and there was good attendance [for us].  After Marg and I went out to the Mesa marketplace where I sold my books and bought new ones.  The book seller was busy, but that was not the case with all of the vendors.  The vendors must be taking a hit with the reduced traffic at the market this year.  There were lots of retailers commenting on the  reduced presence of snowbirds last year and it's even slower now.  That is certainly the case with us, but it must be with American snowbirds as well.
  After we stopped at the Tractor store where I returned some gasket material I bought yesterday and did not use.  The repairs I made on the golf cart have Marg saying it drives like a new one.  Not sure about that but it is noticeably better.  Then it was on to Harbor Freight where I used 3 coupons, two for better pricing on cable ties and the third a 20% off on my largest purchase.  They allow the discount or a free item and as I didn't need any of the ones I had a coupon for, I opted for the discount.  Marg went to Big Lots right next door and she had a handful of things she needed, so a good stop.
  Back home for a bite of lunch.  Desert was some of the lemon cake Marg made yesterday and it was very nice.  Apparently she used 4 lemons on the cake and frosting.  While we were sitting out in the breezeway our purchasers drove by, stopping to show her brother what they are buying.  Marg offered them to come in, but they were in a hurry.  After Marg asked me to look at a drying rack that was falling apart.  Using about a dozen of the cable ties and half a ball of string I got it secured.  Would probably been easier to chuck it and get a new one, but we'll see how long it holds together. 
  Somewhere along the afternoon Marg was chatting with a lady in the park who said they had cancelled their golf game for tomorrow.  Her husband is a good player and she was feeling sad for him, when Marg said we were going and only had a threesome tomorrow.  Well long story short, it is now a foursome.  I will be driving and our departure will be about 11:30 for a 12:40 tee time.  That will put us on the road home about rush hour, but we think it will be reduced traffic, being MLK day.  At least I will be in the HOV lane having passengers, so it should be OK.
  We went for happy at Blankes and there were only a half dozen folks, so a nice one.  Marg was helping Doris with her Facebook page as it has not been working.  She isn't getting any info about any stuff and has few friends.  It was quite a mess with a couple hundred messages and lots of bogus friend requests, so we'll see how it goes now,  Not really sure the problem is fixed yet as Marg sent out some friend requests that have not appeared.
  After supper we went to ice cream social. We both had ice cream in a dish, I believe Marg had a piece of cake as well.  This too was well attended.  A lot of people here are watching football today as it is playoffs to see who goes to the Superbowl game.  After ice cream Kenny and I went to play some pool with a couple other fellows and it was a fun event, lots of laughs.

1 comment: