Saturday 30 November 2019

Saturday, November 30th

It was chilly last night, I think our temperatures were in the 40's so not much above freezing.  Early in the morning the windows in the trailer sweat when its like that as they are only single pane.
  I went to the breakfast this morning, much the regular menu, but the food was good.  Sat with a few friends and renewed one old acquaintance.  The couple who just celebrated their 50th were there as was the fellow who asked me to take their picture, so the conversation got around to posting their picture on the board out front.  I had been too busy to get to it, but guess i better do it tomorrow.
  We went out to the Mesa flea market where I exchanged some books.  The place has quite a few empty stalls and was not terribly busy.  That will change in December.  I had two books the old gal didn't want, so I brought them back to the park to be put in the library here.  As we were leaving the market, Marg was speculating on finding a dealership to get an oil change.  As I only have 6,300 KM's on the truck I want to do it at a Chrysler dealer, to protect my warranty record.  A combination of it being my first oil change and they have a common system where they record services and in minimizes problems.  The dealership is the one I took the last truck to when I had a warranty problem with a headlight.  It is a very large dealer and they have a great customer waiting area.  It's like a lounge and restaurant with magazines and complimentary refreshments.  We both had a coffee and Marg had a Mexican sweet roll, me a chocolate donut.  The change took almost an hour and the attendant came to get me to settle up the account.  It seems they specify semi-synthetic oil now and the change interval is 10,000 km's.  He said it took a bit longer as they had trouble in the computer system entering km's instead of miles, although the number if correct, it still said miles on the sticker.  They also came up with a different name on the truck VIN, something I will have to look into with the dealer in Calgary when I get home.
  After that we came home where we had a lunch.  After lunch Marg went to Kohl's and Ross's but didn't find anything.  After she got back she said no matter what I paid for the truck, the heated seats are worth it.  LOL  I went to play pool for a couple of hours and played much better today, never lost a game.
  We were hosts for happy hour today, so had to get back early to park the truck outside to free up the breezeway.  I dug out my propane fire pit even though it was nice and warm today, knowing it would cool right down when the sun set.  We had dozen people for happy and it went well.  The gals all gathered the furthest in the breezeway where the fire pit was, the guys where it was a bit chilly.  The propane ran out early on, so I had to change and put the bbq tank on it.
  After happy we went to IHOP for supper.  As I had pancakes at breakfast this morning I had French toast with bacon eggs and hash browns tonight.  Marg had a spinach omelet that came with pancakes.  The food is generally good and we had a very nice waitress tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Hosting Happy.. now your really
    In the swing of things x

    ReplyDelete