Monday 25 November 2019

Monday, November 25th

The weather here in AJ was a bit cooler today.  It was nice enough that I wore short pants, but the forecast for the rest of the week sees it getting cooler with some rain towards the end of the week.  Actually yesterday was much nicer, but I had left home in long pants, so missed a great opportunity to take in more sun.
  We tidied up some and then I took garbage to the dumpster bin.  We had several paint cans in the shed that had gone solid and had to be thrown out.  I still kept one though, as it has the color codes for the cupboard doors and I want to repaint the lower ones.  The bathroom paint was still OK, but Marg said if we ever repaint it will be a different color.  After I got the velocipede out and filled the tires.  They generally lose air over the summer months and sometimes the tubes fail, but I was lucky, it just needed air.  After I lubed the chain and other moving parts to get road worthy.  Then I rode around the park a few times to make certain it was OK, to be certain I wouldn't find a problem when I was out far from home.
  After lunch I went to play pool while Marg went to take in a little retail therapy.  After my second game Marg showed up at the pool room, nooo not to play, rather to get me to leave.  It seems yesterday at Burlington Coat she had a problem with her credit card and it wouldn't work so she paid cash.  Apparently that rattled her and she forgot to take her credit card out of the machine.  She only discovered it when she went to pay today.  She felt too upset to drive back to Burlington and asked it I would because she was too upset.  I wasn't too worried as I thought they would discover it when they tried to make the next sale, and as it turned out they did.  As soon as she asked they produced the missing Visa card and we were back on the road, Marg a lot happier than moments earlier.
  Went back to the park where I played a couple games of pool and Marg went on to Fry's where she picked up some more groceries.  We are really starting to get quite a bit now, makes me wonder how much company to expect.  She also got me a Christmas sweater and I may be a shoe-in for the ugliest sweater competition.
  Went to happy at Jim & Beth's and it was a small group.  It was pretty chilly to sit out with a cold beer and I had shorts on.  There were only 5 couples.  Supper tonight was eat-in again.  In case you are concerned, I opened one of the bottles of scotch I picked up yesterday and it was quite nice.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the card turned up, and the whiskey got opened x

    ReplyDelete