Saturday 9 March 2019

Saturday, March 9th

For most of the day it was overcast with sunny breaks.  It was cool in our breezeway, but in the sun it was a nice day. 
  For breakfast we just had a bite to eat at our place.  While I enjoy a full breakfast like they have at the hall, I have missed more than I have gone to.  We wanted to check out some park sales in the area, so didn't want to waste too much time.
  We went to 4 sales in the area.  We never bought anything at the first two, but the third one had a neat format.  It was billed as a fun day and all sales were at the clubhouse.  There was a bbq going and live entertainment in the hall where the crafts were on sale.  They had lots of books & had them listed as free, but they would appreciate a donation.  I picked out 7 westerns and i asked the lady what would be a reasonable amount.  Her response was - are they worth a dollar to you?  Then next sale Marg found a few items she had to have.  She got two large wall hanging metal stars, much like the one we have on the wall here and plans to take them both home.  She also found an egg poacher pan thing that she is going to leave here. I am certain poached eggs are in our near future.  By then it was time to be getting back.
  We had committed with Blankes' to go look at a car show not far from home.  When we called Kenny was still working on his mail, so they passed and we went by ourselves.  It was at a seniors complex and was billed as their first annual.  It was a very fancy new complex and they were obviously using it to draw in prospective customers.  They had some nice cars on display.  Some of the cars were ones you regularly see at these things, but there were some that were uncommon.  They had a 1961 Rambler convertible, the same model as the 64 I had, but I never spent much time at it.  They had a 1964 Oldsmobile Cutlass that was very similar to the Jetstar of the same year that I had.  It was kind of nostalgic, so I spent a bit of time with it.  I really liked the 1957 Pontiac, the interior was much like the 58 I had and it really took me back to my first car.  There were a couple of cool hot rods and a new Vette & Camaro, both with very cool features.  The place really did it up well, offering free food, so we each had a hot dog and bag of chips.  They other option was sliders, I think we chose well.
  After getting back I went to play pool.  Played with two very good guys [one from Minnesota the other from Iowa] and wins and losses were pretty evenly spread.  All 3 of us complained about losing too many.  They are two of my favourites to play, so it was a good afternoon.  Marg got the mail, met up with Patti and they cleaned out their storage locker for the Entertainment committee.  She did a bit of visiting and made creme brule for desert tonight, so her afternoon was full. 
  When I got back we went to Walmart for a few things.  I was almost out of beer, so got a 30 cube.  Marg got a bunch of groceries.  Never ending stuff.  Supper tonight was the ribs she cooked the other day.  Put them in the oven with bbq sauce and they were falling off the bone, very nice.  The creme brule was as well.  There was a chance of rain in the forecast, but it never happened.  A nice day!

 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you Hit a great park sale x

    ReplyDelete