Wednesday 9 January 2019

Wednesday, Jan 9th

  A bit of a chilly start to the day.  Gerry came and I drove out to Apache Sun for golf this morning.  The dew lay heavy on the grass which never helps.  It warmed up about half way through the game, but didn't get as warm as yesterday.  The game went well, Gerry had an amazing round and I was happy with my score, although I did lose one ball.  It was a zero turtle day, too chilly for them I guess.  I had a shot at the closest to the pin on #7, but was beat out by someone in a later group.
  Marg got the place cleaned up in the morning.  It was vacant for 3 weeks, but no one told the dust bunnies.  The vacuum got a work out followed by the swifter.  After she had a shower until the water ran cold.  Not sure how long that was as I always get out when its hot, but it must have been a while.
  I posted some stuff on the tenants association FB site after I got back.  We are having a Pub night again this year.  We want to create interest in it so one of the organizers had requested info be put out this way.  Then I went to check the mail and the mail lady was just filling the boxes, so I visited with a couple of guys doing the same thing as me.  Told the mail lady if she put any of our mail with window envelopes in someone else's box that would be fine with me.
  When I got back we had lunch.  Marg fried up eggs and Canadian bacon.  I chuckle at that as in means back bacon.  Well in Canada we eat more side bacon than anything and its no different than what they usually have here, so the name appears to be a marketing ploy.
  After lunch I went to play pool.  There was a fellow waiting there for someone to show up and play.  After we started a third showed up which made it more interesting.  The games went pretty well, although I think I lost more than won.  It was fun anyway.  We usually play from 1:00 to 3:00, although it varies depending on who is there.
  Marg had a few visitors and then went for a tour of the park.  The cart is running well again.  She came upon me on my way, so we toured together.  I know I have said this before, but it's hard to get far here without visiting, so it is slow progress. 
  We opted not to attend happy today.  We started out sorting my poker money and then rolling some of it.  This is the $20 in coins I bought about 8 years ago.  A couple years back I took about $80 of it in and changed it to bills.  There was a little over $60 in the crown royal bag today when we sorted it out, so it appears my poker is not costing anything.  It just gets so noisy that we take breaks.  Another couple out for a walk stopped in to chat, so we had a beer and that was our happy today.  He had never had a Kokanee and he seemed to enjoy it.  I still have a couple of cans left.  He is a bit of a beer aficionado and gave the Kokanee a good review. 
  We had to scramble to get to the hall as it was Gary's burgers tonight.  We were running a bit late and paid for it when we saw the line up to order.  We managed to get a table to sit at with a few friends.  One of them always brings his special New Mexico chili to put on the burgers.  In my opinion its not really chili, rather a green salsa loaded with garlic.  It seems to be one of those love it or hate it things and I'm not really a fan.  I don't even like the smell of it with all that garlic.  The burgers were great, as usual. 
  Back home for a short time and then back to the hall to play poker.  There was a big turnout tonight, so we had 2 tables.  One had 4 women at it, so most of the guys formed up on a separate table.  I played at the table with the 4 ladies and one other guy.  One of the ladies does real well and in fact was probably the big winner.  She is one of the gamblin' gals.  The other ladies are not good poker players, so we were coaching them along quite a bit.  It was fun anyway.  How did I make out, probably close to even or slightly ahead.

1 comment:

  1. A very sad day saying Goodbye to Aunty Anne.

    ReplyDelete