Saturday 8 December 2018

Saturday, Dec 8th

The day started out foggy. I have never seen it this foggy in the 10 years we have been wintering in AJ.  It made for damp weather, a number of people said, just like Vancouver.  The fog lasted until mid morning and by noon it was a beautiful day.
  I went for breakfast in the clubhouse.  It was a new kitchen group and they made a few changes, including sticky cinnamon buns.  There were 3 choices: with nuts or with raisins or plain.  They were pretty good, but they also had icing and most people thought they were too sweet.  The bacon, eggs and pancakes were just fine.  They had a good turnout, which was good to see.
  Marg did Christmas cards while I was away.  A lot of people in the park exchange cards and she is one of them, particularly with the people we hang out with.  It's quite a bit of work with the number she does. When I got back we went out to the hardware store where I had to exchange an extension cord.  Then it was on to Harbour Freight where I got a small rotary tool for $10 and a couple other things.  Yes I got my free gift, it is a metal magnetic dish.  These are great when you take something apart to hold the nuts and bolts.  Marg went in to the Goodwill store next door looking for an outrageous Christmas sweater, apparently there is to be a contest on these and we don't have one to compete with.  I'm not certain we either need to or want to compete in this, LOL.  Last time I went in there was to get a sport coat to dress up for a goofy lip-synch act.
  On the way back we spotted an Estate Sale sign, so made a detour.  These are usually pretty good sales when the children are selling everything off.  This one did not have great direction signs, in fact Marg said it would be a miracle if anyone found it.  Well the miracle happened.  Hah  When we got there, it was a great disappointment.  Judging by what they were selling the person who died must have been a junk collector.  Nothing bought there, we already have better junk than they did.
  When we got back I installed the motion light on the back patio.  Tonight was bbq for supper and it gets so dark I wanted it operating by then.  I also messed around with the rotary tool, I'm tying to make something and if it works out will post a picture.  If not you'll probably never hear about it.  We had lunch and then I went to play some pool.  The games were all close, so it was fun.  I certainly never won them all as Brian plays a good game.  Marg had been given some lemons from Janice next door that came off her tree.  So today was her day to make a lemon meringue pie.  She complains about this stove, but the pie came out looking great.
  By the time I got back Marg had all her cards done, so that was good news.  There was no happy hour today as the couple scheduled left for home to attend a Christmas concert.  I used to love those when the kids were small.  They would get all excited at the prospect of being on stage.  Some very fond memories of both our children and grandchildren at these.  See how easily I am off on a tangent.  Lynett stopped by to see if we knew anything about happy and stayed to have a cold coffee & Baileys with Marg.  I had a beer, so I guess you could say the three of us had a mini happy hour.
  As I said earlier it was bbq tonight.  We cooked up T-bone steak from ones we got from Safeway last week.  It was very good, so tender and juicy.  Then came the best part, dessert - the pie of course and it was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. You can always pin some Christmas things to a regular jumper... can definitely be more original that way. Have been writing my Christmas cards here as well. Just waiting for a Phils letter to post. Soohie has a nursery Christmas concert on Tuesday... should be good. I’m off to Acorns Children’s hospice today to help PHIL... err Santa, doesn’t get more festive then that xx

    ReplyDelete