Saturday 15 December 2018

Saturday, Dec 15th.

A bit chillier today in the valley of the sun, even though the sun was out doing it's best to warm us up.  Long pants and a jacket were the order of the day, but then you know me a short pants.  I was up at 6:30 this morning as the neighbours across the road were getting a parking pad and the mixer pulled up about that time.  I got an email from friends at home in our complex, inviting us to a happy hour 2 days after we get home.  Good folks and it should be fun, looks the liver gets no break at home after all.
  Still had some monkey bread, so that was breakfast for me.  There was a breakfast at the hall this morning, but just can't waste that delicious bread.  After we got organized we went out to the Mesa market.  I had books to sell and needed to get a couple as I was running low on reading material.  She bought 8 from me, so I still had 4 she didn't want right now.  I guess her business is a bit slow but when it picks up in January she said to bring them back.  In fact the whole market seems to be experiencing a slow start to the winter season as the parking lot had lots of empty space.  We certainly aren't buying stuff like we have in past.  I did get 3 books and Marg found a shirt, then we left.
  We stopped at Harbor Freight on the way home.  There were a couple of limited time offers, so I bought a claw hammer and a multi point electric cord.  I bought the cord to replace a power bar as I've been seeing reports of too many of them melted.  I looked at a 4 1/2" angle grinder, it was $10, but decided that I really don't need it.  Oh yes, the free gift, well today I picked a package of micro fibre cloths.  Marg's response was how may of those do you have?  Well the answer is not enough, LOL.  I use them for different purposes so some get discarded.  As usual I have a stack of the coupons for the free gift.  I get them mailed to me, in the paper and when you buy things get them handed out in the bag.  With my coupon I got the claw hammer for $2.99 and the sales clerk said it has a life time replacement warranty on it.  I've had a lot hammers, but never wore one out yet. LOL
  When we got back I cleaned my golf clubs.  They really get a lot of mud on them at times.  When we play in the morning, the course is usually pretty damp, so if you take a divot [I almost always do] the club gets into the mud.  While some courses have sprinkler systems, many are flooded at night, 
  Supper was bbq steak, another nice piece of Az beef, baked potato and veg.  We never had dessert as we had the Christmas party after and were expecting some treats.  We knew from earlier conversations that 3 guys who too the baking classes a couple years back made cookies for the party. 
  The party started at 7 and Barb had asked me to take pictures, so I had to be there before that.  In the typical manner of the older generation we got there early and found that there were already about 15 couples seated.  The party was good, it started with a visit from Santa and pictures in an area they set up with the jolly old elf.  I play golf and pool with him a bit, in fact a couple of days back he was the fellow I left a game to play with as he was by himself.  The party had a 50/50 draw for the local food bank and they are collecting food as well to donate.  There were a couple of games, one with stacking presents and taking them to the other side, the other was decorating the human Christmas tree.  There were a number of presents given away, cookies and other treats, hot cocoa, spiced cider.  It was a fun time and easy to get pictures.
  Tomorrow will be a busy day as we leave early on Monday, our ride is picking us up at 5:45 AM.  We may get a blog tomorrow, but we'll see.  Merry Christmas!  Ho Ho Ho!
  I don't plan on blogging while at home, so will likely start again around January 8th.

3 comments:

  1. Party sounds great... will be goi g through blood withdrawal while your back home for the holidays x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timely trip to the hardware, you can put one micro fibre into your golf bag to clean your clubs as you play. Shame about the limited warranty on the hammer though Enjoy your Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels. Be good to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete