Monday 10 December 2018

Monday, Dec 10th

It was a bit chilly and windy in AJ this morning.  Got up and out to go golfing with Mickey & Gerry.  Mickey picked me up at 9 and I drove to Encanto.  The 202 was mostly pretty good, but by the time we got to where it meets the 51 and then through the city center it was very busy.  We got to Encanto in good time, out tee time was 10:15 and we were there about a half hour early.  The change in weather from AJ to downtown Phoenix was amazing.  It was very warm at the course, too warm for the sweater and jacket or long pants.  Fortunately I wore the zip off pants, so played in shorts.  The course was not too busy so they sent us out a bit early.  I had a few bright spots in a tough day, I never lost a ball.  Probably because I didn't hit it very far, LOL.  Struggled with the driver and putter, but I did hit the 60 degree wedge a couple of times where it bailed me out.  The course played well, we were sent out a bit early and turned in the carts shortly after 2.  So this put us on the road back to AJ at an ideal time of day.
  Marg went out for a few things today.  She got a few things for the bbq tomorrow. Gerry and Deb are coming here for bingo, so we invited them for burgers if they came a bit early.  She also stopped by Bells and I think she may have picked up something for Paityn.  She got a couple more Christmas cards out and a few more showed up at our place.  The place is looking more festive with them hanging about.
  There is going to be a park model for sale very soon.  It is owned by a friend of Marg's in Alberta as she has not intention to return here.  She told Marg there are 8 interested or prospective buyers with both Mickey & Gerry in that group.  Gerry advised today that they will not be, but Mickey is still in.  It's a very desirable unit because of the location and condition.  There are bound to be some friends competing with other friends, so I am relieved that Gerry will not be in the middle of it.  For those of us not in the group, it makes for interesting gossip and speculation.
  Happy hour was on our street today, so we went.  It was pretty cool by then, definitely back to long pants and jackets.  Some interesting conversation today, one of the more interesting was a decision to go caroling around the park on Christmas eve. You can imagine how I hate to miss that, so I told them about Charlene's request back when we had the cabin.  Evenings we used to sit around the fire and often Bernie would play his guitar so we would sing.  Charlene came to me one time and asked "Don't sing tonight OK dad".
  Supper tonight was breaded cutlets.  They are not all that common to find, so Marg got a few packages of them when she found them.  Made for a nice dinner.  As luck would have it there was still a piece of lemon pie and it was still very good as well.
 

1 comment:

  1. Awe sorry about that, I don’t remember saying to you not to sing That’s also how I play golf... never lose a ball because I can always see where it lands lol x

    ReplyDelete