Friday 9 February 2018

Friday, Feb 9th.

Another early start to the day for us.  We were up at approx. 6:30 as I had to be at the hall by 7AM to help put the Sloppy Joe trays into the oven.  You remember, the job Marg volunteered for me.  Well she got up at the time as well, so it was all good.
  Marg got up and put the pull-apart buns in the oven to take with her to the hall for the workers.  She also made a smaller pan that was for home, that would be only me today!  They all turned out great, it certainly made a nice start to my day.  I was only needed at the hall for about 5 minutes, but couldn't go back to bed.
  The park sale didn't seem as busy as last year, although there were still lots of people going through and checking out the vendors.  The gals sold lots of Sloppy Joes and pieces of pie today.  Most of the people volunteering to work in the hall had done it before so it seemed to go very smoothly today.  They were in the hall from 7 AM until about 2 PM, so a pretty long day when you are on your feet.
  I went out to get a cable from the hardware.  Nice salesman as he took my cable and ends into the back room and crimped them on to make loops at each end.  When I got home, I put one end on a screw eye and fastened it under the front step.  This was so I could lock up the battery charger for the cart as that is what is most frequently stolen.  Then I put some caulking down on the wall at the back where we had been having water coming in.  I hope this fixes it.  Then I fabricated a hinge piece for the electrical box weather cover.  It has a lid that flips up except one hinge had tore out and it was just hanging from the other.
  While I was working out back, I checked on the status of the greens Marg had laid out.  Forgot to add this in the last blog.  Yesterday after cutting the celery to put in the Sloppy Joe mix, she brought home the trimmings and laid them out on a paper plate. There has been a small rabbit hanging around the back and eating weeds and stuff, so she wanted to help it out.  As we all know rabbits don't eat carrots, but this one loved the celery and cleaned it all up except for the base of the stalks.
  By the time I finished, I went to the hall for lunch and was lucky to be joined by Marg.  It was busy in there, but steady so they were not rushed off their feet when you have people who know what to do.  After lunch I went to get my camera, I was so pre-occupied that I forgot to get photos earlier.  I was just in time to catch the raffle draws.  The ladies who organized it did an amazing job of gathering lots of good prizes.  Marg was drawn for a nice throw and in fact drawn a second time, but told them to draw again so others would have a chance.  She was the only one to do that, other multiple winners just took their prizes home.  After the draws were all done, I stayed to help put the hall back in order so the people who were there all day could get away at a decent time.
  After we got back we took quick showers, no not together.  It was very hot today so after being so  busy, needed to freshen up.  Marg had a visitor to discuss the celebration tomorrow and then it was off to happy hour.  The gals having worked in the kitchen all day I knew we would be eating out tonight.  They decided to go to the Chinese buffet on Power road.  We had been there in the past, but this was our first time this year.  There were 11 of us went and the food was very good.  A bit different from the other Chinese, but still very good, in fact some parts were better.  It was kind of funny was the other vehicle insisted on taking a local road there, but I just went on the freeway.  When they still weren't there quite a while after we were seated, I called Kenny to ask if Jerry's Kia had broke down.  It turns out Kenny had drove, so I just said to try and get there before we were done with desert.  As I sit here still feeling full, I think we are done with buffet dining for a while.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the park sale was a hit! Makes me smile that Mom does love bunnies xx
    (Deleted previous message from spelling error/typo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the bunnies are what we would call a bush rabbit at home, they also have hares that we would call jackrabbits.

      Delete
  3. Remember Katie seeing the Jack Rabbit where Grandma lived... she had never seen anything like it x

    ReplyDelete