Friday 19 January 2018

Friday, Jan 19th

Why do I keep using the day of the week as my title, well how else can a retired guy keep track?  Someone said to me today that every day is Saturday for them, well that is not far from my reality.
  Started out the day working on my homework.  I had a bunch of stuff to do for the annual general meeting of the condo association.  How can that be - you ask, well for starters I am all that is left of the audit committee and had to complete the financial review of the December and year end results and then write the report to the board for inclusion in the board package for Wednesday.  Then I had to print the proxy form to vote our share in the association that we both signed and then scan it so it could be submitted and finally I had to give them written notice that I would let my name stand for another term as a director.  I had a panicky call from my maintenance partner on my notice to stand for re-election not being on file yet.
  We had a nice facetime with Charlene and Katie where we learned that Katie received her first offer from a university.  This is great news as it means she has a placement for veterinary medicine even though she still has others to hear from.  Congratulations to Miss Katie; grandma & grandpa are very proud, even though in our hearts we knew you could do it.  Marg rather than watch me work at this stuff, went out to get a few things, first to Bells and then to Walmart.  Kind of made me glad I had the other stuff to do.  Apparently she was a successful as there were several shopping bags with her.
  Lunch today was French Toast, one of my favourites.  When she asks if I would like it for any meal, my reply is always the same - you don't ever have to ask, I will always be more than happy with French Toast.
  After lunch I went to play pool.  The games were pretty even and we had a few laughs in the process.  One of the guys I played with is very good, one not so hot-so and the third one of my favourites to play, so it was challenging and enjoyable.  Marg had company much of the afternoon and when she went out for the mail visited with a couple of other people in the park and made hot wings for the group pot luck tonight.
  When I got home from pool an older couple across the street came to see me about their hot water tank.  They had a crew there most of the day replacing it and still do not have hot water.  They thought it had no power to it, but that was not the problem.  They had a leak and from the water inlet and although I detected power to the element it was not heating water.  They wanted to replace the element, but I suggested they first call the company who installed it and see if they would look after the problem as they had paid a very large sum to get the work done.  I suspect they turned the power on before filling the tank, burning it out.  Time will well.
  By then it was time to go for happy hour, which was also a celebration/pot luck.  It was well attended [about 35] and there was lots of good food and as pot lucks go a few not so good things.  It was kind of like a gathering of Hutterites, guys over here, gals over there, but it was all good.    To finish it off we had ice cream that Kenny & Doris made in their machine.   The cart sure comes in handy when packing chairs and other stuff to these kind of functions.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic skill of writing.Thank you so much for writing this amazing article

    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have a troll writing comments on your blog! Great news about Katie getting an Offer for Veterinary Medicine... considering what a difficult course it is to get a place. We are so incredibly proud... sounds like a great pot luck too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. It's an awesome blog.Enjoyed the whole time I spent here.Thanks

    Footwear photo editing services

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Articles that have meaningful and insightful comments are more enjoyable, at least to me. It’s interesting to read what other people thought and how it relates to them or their clients, as their perspective could possibly help you in the future.

    There's always something great to watch with Netflix or Amazon Prime Video. Choose from popular movies and full seasons of hit TV shows. Enjoy a wide variety of choices, including Action & Adventure, Comedy, Kids & Family, Documentaries, and more. Plus, there are never any commercials.

    While seeing generally, if you are looking for more content and entertainment, you can go for Hotstar. If you are always exploring something new to watch, you can go for Netflix. If you want to have the common ground between this two, you can opt for amazon prime.

    Regards

    www.netflix.com/activate
    www.netflix.com/activate
    www.office.com/setup 2016
    www.office.com/setup
    microsoft365.com/setup
    www.office.com/setup
    www.office.com/setup
    microsoft365.com/setup
    www.netflix.com/activate
    www.netflix.com/activate





    ReplyDelete