Thursday 9 February 2017

Thursday

Another gorgeous day, probably the warmest day of 2017 so far.
  I went to the coffee Klatch this morning and it was a lucky day as our table were first up for donuts.  That is a very envied position and it gave me a great choice of fritters.  Marg opted to pass today, well that happens as morning commitments really aren't her thing.  It was a pretty good sized group and we actually do get quite a bit of good information sharing.
  Marg spent morning on the telephone between our bank card and the companies that she got scammed by yesterday after her on-line purchase of some cream.  It was a $5 trial offer that ended up on the Visa as $200.  Turned out to be 2 suppliers each for half of it, so got a bit complicated.  One apparently reversed the charge and the other gave her a 50% discount.  A tough lesson learned on the pitfalls of buying stuff on line.
  I have been fighting with my sinuses for about 3 days now and thought I was seeing some improvement, but we'll see.  One of my golfing, biking friends gave me a nasal spray he uses.  Although it is prescription, he gets a supply of a half dozen before coming here.  It seems to be a common problem right now, some people calling head colds, other sinus.  This time of the year in previous years, the same thing has happened with the pollens etc. in the air that our snowbird bodies are not accustomed to.  It this continues, I may take the Z Pack Marg got from our doctor.
  When I got home I attempted to copy some pictures on a CD for some folks in the park.  I thought it went OK, but I heard this evening that apparently they can't see them on it.  I'm not certain but I don't think they can see the drive, something to look into tomorrow.  Had a long conversation with the association president about the tenants association FB site.  Right now the way things are, I am pretty much the owner of the site and that needs to be changed, probably to an identity owned by the association.
   The ladies had lunch at the Bass Pro Shop restaurant where they serve some very nice fish , I think she said she had a fish taco.

  Shortly before 11 Marg left with some other ladies.  They went on a tour of the old Wrigley mansion.  You know the guy who built the company that makes the gum & other things.  Apparently it was built in the 1920's at a cost exceeding $1million and has long since been in other hands.  It was quite a drive from here through some very busy traffic areas, but they did just fine.  The piano is a baby grand player piano with a remote control, that apparently is one of a kind.  The place overlooks the city of Phoenix and must have been spectacular in it's day.
  I played in the pool tournament today and my partner and I won all three of our games.  The team had a good day as well winning 14 of the 18 games we played, although it was against Mountainview, not one of our stronger competitors.
  The ladies got back late in the afternoon, so we missed happy hour today.  We went out for supper to Taco Bell as the food is pretty good there and very reasonable to boot.  She had the taco salad, which is fairly predictable and I had a taco deal, finishing up with an empanada, something like an apple pie at other places.
  This evening we went to the animal races.  To add something to it Marg suggested we keep our winnings aside and compare at the end.  There seems to have been some confusion on the rules and play, so no winner was agreed on.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. Never ever buy anything from Facebook... it's always a scam... reputable companies won't advertise there....

    ReplyDelete