Saturday 11 February 2017

Saturday, Feb 11th

A nice day in the Valley of the Sun, I think the daytime high was 84F.  The sky started to cloud up and the wind blew in the afternoon with the forecast of some unsettled weather for Sunday.
  In the morning we went to the big Mesa flea market.  Our neighbour works at a booth that sells phone and table accessories, so we stopped in as Marg was looking to replace the one on the I pad.  She got a new style one that she is really happy with and at a great value, thanks to Bob for making it happen.  Then I went over to exchange my pocket books with the old gal on the west end.  At first she was a bit confused and tried to sell me the books I brought in, we had a good laugh about that.
  After we stopped in at In and Out Burgers and had lunch.  We both had cheeseburgers and they were pretty good, although Marg thinks the Five Guys Burgers are better.  They fed a lot of folks today judging from the number of people around there and at a good price.  I think we were under $10 with fries and drink.
  Then back home for a bit then Marg went out to pick up a few things.  She had to finish the Flapper Pie she made and then make a garlic bread.  We were invited out for supper tonight by some fellow Canadians [well they are from Saskatchewan anyway].  So as not to get in the way, I went to play pool.  It was luck that one of my favourite adversaries from Minnesota was there looking for a game.  We played quite a few games, probably a couple of hours.  When I got home Marg was just finishing up the meringue on the pie using the boil feature on the oven, but having a bit of difficulty.  I got out my butane torch and she finished it up nice and golden brown, a show piece really.
  I called to find out when to show up for dinner and was told we should already be there, so it was off.  Kind of uncomfortable as we had to walk past the happy hour gang as we carried our contribution to supper and our drinks while they were not so fortunate.  It's hell to be popular.  LOL  At the dinner we had a lengthy happy hour or was it appetizers, anyway it was fun.  Our hosts supplied and bbq'd steaks: filet's for the ladies and ribeye's for the guys.  They had been to Basha's and they were very nice.  I had taken a bottle of Irish whisky to the party and Pat had a bottle of honey Bourbon that made for lots of hot shots.  Marg had bought a pack of shot glasses for March and being as we won't be here then, I took them tonight, they sure came in handy.  The company was some of the guys I golf with and wives, basically some party animals.    It made for kind of a long evening but we sure had lots of laughs tonight.  Great folks, just another one of the reasons we like this place.

1 comment: