Monday 6 February 2017

Monday - Feb 6th

A nice day even though there was high cloud most of the day.  I think the daytime high was about 71.
  Early in the morning Marg gathered up anything that looked like it could use laundering and ultimately did 4 loads.  A bit beyond our capacity you might say, but she managed it. 
  I went around to talk to a fellow about his email connection.  He has been trying to send me an email and it just wasn't working, so has to deal with his service provider again.  When I returned, shortly before noon Marg, made a batch of french toast, always a welcome lunch for yours truly.  It was very timely as our golf group left at 11:00.
  We went to Encanto today to play 18.  This is a course Gerry and I usually play when he is here, although occasionally I take other guys from the park here with me.  The guys came up with the suggestion that we play it and it seemed like a good idea.  When I got there my Golf Phoenix card had expired, so I renewed it and being a seniors card it gave me a rate of $31, which is pretty good for 18 holes with a power cart.  It also kept my points alive and I am nearing in on a free play.  The course was busy today, but in nice condition.  I played reasonably well, but the wheels fell off on a couple of holes.  They were fun guys to go with.  On the way back, I missed my turn so had to come back on a different part of the freeway system, it worked out fine, but took a bit longer.  I bought a new Phoenix Golf hat, my old one is getting worn and they new ones are pretty nice.
  Marg had visitors today, a couple of the wives of the golf guys, which was nice as they had a bit of a time out.  I guess they went to Bells and had lunch out at Village Inn. Apparently Marg got a top and some flax seed, although I'm not sure what that is for.  From her reports, it was a fun day as well.
  Supper tonight was in the slow cooker, good planning as it's very difficult to tell what time I can be expected.  As luck would have it there was still lots of the pistachio dessert and we had that tonight.

1 comment:

  1. No wonder your always out when I try and phone lol x

    ReplyDelete