Monday 13 February 2017

Monday, Feb 13th

It did rain, but it was last night, so the day was very nice, warm in fact.  It should be more like this at home when it rains. 
  It took me a while to get going this morning as I had to finish off the memory stick with pictures.  I got up to the ones for last year, so it was pretty current.  I think I had some place between 6 - 800 pictures I put on it from 2011 to 2016.  Malcom did a good job of getting them on a DVD sometime today and by the time supper came around in the Rec Hall, he had them up and running on the DVD  player in the hall.  Marg did some laundry and some housekeeping.  When she was doing the floor I had to raise my feet, but kept working on the pictures.  By the time I saw it a few dozen people had liked or commented on it, pretty funny.  She had laundry drying out on the back patio and the combined sun and wind made for quick work of it.  When I finished with the pictures, I helped a bit with scrubbing the shower, nasty job.
  While we were sitting there a guy from in the park stopped by to ask us to a catered affair to celebrate their 25th anniversary.  They had a party in the hall for it last year and we passed on it.  When he stopped in, he caught us unprepared as he asked us to the catered event tomorrow.  When I say unprepared, I meant with an excuse.  They are OK, it's not like they are... well they are OK.  So now we are going tomorrow.  I was kind enough to tell us that the invitations were lost in a flood in their home, so all we got was an oral invite and that the numbers were limited, but as they had paid for whatever number it was so they wanted to fill the quota.  They are after all paying $50 a person for hors d 'oeuvres so not to eat, they wanted everyone to come hungry.  Apparently there will be music, but they don't believe in alcohol.  So IF you're not laughing by now, go back and re-read this paragraph.  With any luck I may have a migraine tomorrow, well just wait will I be liable for the $50.  They did say no gifts.  Oh gee, now we need to go get a card.  Stay tuned.
  Marg had been having sinus problems similar to what I had experienced, so she started using the nasal spray I got from Gary.  It worked well for her and in about the same time frame as it did for me.  It's pretty amazing stuff and is a great response to the allergy type stuff we have here.
  Lunch today was the leftover taco salad, that's how much extra Marg had yesterday.  The stuff was still fresh and it was just as good as yesterday.  After lunch I helped carry a laundry basket and garbage on the way to the pool hall, multi-tasking, Eh?  You might be asking about the laundry basket, well she had sheets to do and they work out better at the Laundromat, well not better in quality, rather quantity.  They fill up the little machine, so can't all be done in one load.
  I played with 3 fun guys today.  We had good games, not sure how many I won or lost, but I would guess it was about even.  They are pretty good players and the partners change all the time so it makes for an interesting match.  I had to tell them one more and left as I had to go help out with the spaghetti dinner tonight.  Marg finished up the laundry and housework and was pretty much caught up when I got back home.
  We went off to help with the spaghetti dinner.  There is lots to do other than the cooking, like setting everything out, serving, you know.  The decorating gals had taken the table numbers thingee's off so I went around with a dry erase marker and wrote the number on each, it was a; humorous exercise as in each case they thought that was the numeric order of eating.  I got lots of offers for a tip in exchange for a getter number, but had to explain to each that no, someone would draw a ball with a number on it to determine that.  There were also those people who come up early and want to pay, so they can go first.  No matter how many times we do it, they still try.  Anyway she worked with me on the cash desk today and I have to say that she moves people along much faster than I did.  We ended up feeding spaghetti, meatballs, salad & bread to about 120 people plus the 10 of us helpers.  It was pretty good, so I guess that's why they keep returning every year.  LOL  Oh yes, then there is always the huge cleanup job after it's all over, that usually takes a couple hours.
  After we stopped in a Kenny & Doris' place as Marg said he had a hilarious story that I had to hear.  It seems his neighbour bumped his car horn after parking and getting out of it.  Kenny thought that was funny and being out in the breezeway pushed the horn on his golf cart. The neighbour thought his car horn was a problem so tinkered with it.  Just as soon as he got out of the car, Kenny would toot the horn and the neighbour couldn't figure out the problem.  His wife came over to apologize for their horn going off.  Finally he pulled the fuse and Kenny kept it up and he was beside himself.  Finally after a dozed tries to stop the horn, he figured out it was Kenny.  Then he said Blanke, I'll get you back.  Kenny said he had to quite before the guy started cutting wires.  There were lots of folks having a good belly laugh over it. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the dry party, ours was over 6 hours on Saturday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And phil preloaded (had port at the hunt) before the Muslim wedding and a beer after lol x

    ReplyDelete