Wednesday 15 February 2017

February 16th

A nice day in the Valley.
 Wednesday, so you know by now that it was golf with people from our park at Apache Sun.  I hit the ball reasonably well, but missed some good opportunities in the short game and on the green.  I would like to blame some of it on the greens being wet from the watering over night at first and faster as they dried out, but the truth is the cause was, as always - operator error.  Played with some good guys today and it was fun and the score wasn't all that bad.  I hit enough good ones to keep me coming back.
  Marg went to water aerobics this morning, but tried to cram in some steaming of the remaining clothes from yesterday, so she was a bit late and there were already a dozen ladies splashing away by the time she got in.  Then she felt the need to catch up, so kind of over-did it.  Not certain what the catching up thing was, it's not like it is a journey of specified length - is it?  As a result she was a bit tired when she got back here.  Then it was lunch and I think she was anxious to get that over with as she had company coming and still wanted to get the slow cooker going with supper.  I was anxious to get it over with as I didn't want to be around for the ladies planning the baby shower.
  I passed the ladies who were coming here while on my travels.  I made up another CD with pictures for the couple who had the 50th anniversary party as the last one really didn't work out.  Finally had some success with this and they were delighted to have the pictures.  Then on the way I was given a couple slices of bread.  The baker boys made beer batter bread today from scratch and one of them gave me a sample.  I had it later for supper and it was quite good, had a cheesy crust as well as cheese bits in the loaf.  Then I went to play pool with a couple of guys who are two of the better players here.  How good, well good enough to run all of their balls in one turn in 8 ball.  It was a bit of a humbling experience for yours truly.  It felt a bit like being a kid at the adult table.  Well I did win one game when it was me against those two.  I get along with them well, so it was fun anyway.
  When I got back Marg was gone.  Her and one of the ladies who is helping organize the shower went shopping for things to use at it.  It looks like they are planning on about 24 ladies, I guess it got to be a bit of a runaway when they were trying to build the list of who to invite in the park.  It will be interesting to see how this goes.
  We went to happy hour and then had our supper.  We had one couple come during supper, then when we just finished another couple stopped in.  Just before they left one of Marg's friends stopped in with her two daughters and their friend.  When I left Marg had out the blender and was making some kind of margaritas for them.  The girls were all going home early tomorrow morning so they only stayed for a couple of blenders full, I guess.
  I went to play poker while they were having their visit.  We had seven players tonight and there was lots of action.  I don't keep actual count of my win or loss but I don't think I won tonight.  It was a good game though because it was a bit lighter and we joked around for most of the evening.  We generally play until 9 PM and the deal ends at the person before whomever dealt first at the start of the evening. 

1 comment:

  1. The. action never stops, bet your heading home Early for some rest lol x

    ReplyDelete