Saturday 28 January 2017

Saturday

Finally the breezes died down and old Sol came to warm those of us seeking it's bounty.
  I went to breakfast in the hall and it was pretty good today.  They had ham as an option so I opted for it instead of bacon with my eggs and pancakes.  The pancakes were pretty darn good as well, so a good start to the day.
  Marg went with the gamblin' gals today to the Fort.  It seems the lure of the stainless steel stacking bowls was strong enough to warrant a return on Saturday.  There were 5 of them making the pilgrimage today.  They had a good day, but alas financial success was not in the cards today.
  After breakfast I went over to Kenny's where I helped him install a second outdoor light fixture with spotlights.  He has some statues of owls and an eagle that he shone one on and some paintings/pictures for the other, all in his breezeway.  Walking past there tonight it seems to me he may have gone a little overboard on the wattage for the bulbs he bought.  It's pretty much like daylight in there tonight.
  After lunch I tried to fill out the IRS forms for Closer Connections required from aliens in the U.S.  The electronic filing didn't work as I don't have electronic signatures on file, so I had to print them off to be mailed.  Well I tried to print them and my printer cartridges were pretty much done, so it was a trip to Walmart to get new ones.  I finally got the forms filled and printed.  It's important to file these if a person is in the U.S. for more than 120 days in total for a single year otherwise they can demand income tax payment on your world income and they can't be filed retro-active.  It's a real if you snooze you lose approach, but if you have been watching the news, you already know Canadians are not the only aliens they are cracking down on.
  I went for a short happy hour and it was nice to sit out for a change.  Marg and the gals showed up about half way through, so I left a bit early.  I wanted to see if she preferred to dine out tonight as we gong to a function.  She made fish and rice tonight and it was very good.

  After we went to see Cord Price, a singer/entertainer they had come to our hall.  We packed a few wobbly pops in the cooler bag so were well hydrated throughout.  It was very well attended and he did a good job of filling the dance floor.  We went not expecting to dance as Marg's back has been sore, but the music was so good, that we had a few dances.  We had lots of laughs, so a fun evening.

2 comments:

  1. Min hadn't said anything about her back being bad.... lots of Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you guys are having fun!

    ReplyDelete