Monday 30 January 2017

Monday, January 30th

We were just talking and the time goes by so quickly.  Here we are almost the end of January hard to believe we got here the first week of November.  How can that be?  Well the good news is we still have a couple of months before we need to leave, but at the rate time flies we best not blink or we will be homeward bound.
  The weather that had been below average is now above average.  It was a much warmer night and during the day the temperature got up to about 74 today.  How good is that, well I am back to wearing short pants again.  Life is good in the Valley of the Sun.
  In the morning I went for a bike ride, probably made about 3 1/2 miles today, but it was good to get out again.  The only negative was a strong wind blew out of the northwest and the route to the west is pretty much uphill all the way.  Sure felt good on the return though riding at a bit of a downhill grade with the wind at my back.  It has been a few days since I last rode and it was good to get out and stretch the legs today.  By the time I returned, Marg had her first load of laundry going.  We had a nice facetime with the Smith's in the midst of the visits and the laundry.  It was a great day for laundry as the combination of sun and wind made for ideal drying conditions.  I think all told she got in 4 loads today.  One couple from BC stopped in to see what Marg was talking about when she described a laundry boost, I still don't know what it is.  They wrote down the details and were headed out to get whatever it is.
  She tricked me a bit and had her lunch before mine.  When I asked why, she told me she was craving a peanut butter sandwich.  I had the warmed up spaghetti from last night and as luck would have it there were still some biscuits left to have with it.  A heck of a lot better than peanut butter that's for certain.
  While the process got the laundry done, that meant Marg was steaming clothes in the afternoon.  Well I was no help in that, so I got out of the way and went to play pool.  Well you can imagine that was just the right thing to do, it made her so happy.  Well that and the fact that she gets more visitors when I am not here, kind of like a hen party I guess.  It was a good thing I went down as Kenny came to play today and he joined in with Luther and me.  All told I played for about 2 hours today.  Played fairly well actually, probably won a few more than lost.
  Went to happy hour at the regular place.  There are several everyday and we were invited to a couple of other ones today.  It's kind of hard because we don't like to appear stand-offish but we do enjoy spending time with the regular group.  It was a bit of a choice today though as the second group inviting us are friends and we enjoy them as well.  The third group are neighbours in the immediate area around our place and are nice folks.  Almost like being back in school where you just try to fit in Eh?  Marg had bought some bartender rootbeer at Total Wine the other day and took one to happy today and she left there very happy.
  We had a bbq for supper tonight and it was very good.  After supper we were sitting around and some of the people from happy #2 stopped by to tell us they missed us and asking if I would make a golf reservation for Monday at Encanto.  I tell you we are social butterflies here!  LOL

1 comment:

  1. You are a couple of teenagers with your social obligations down south lol x

    ReplyDelete