Friday 6 January 2017

Friday

Another nice day in the valley, well the wind was a bit cool, but I went back to wearing shorts and no jacket, so pretty nice.
  A couple of the guys showed up, so I rode with them this morning.  We went up Foothills to feed the donkey carrots, but it was pretty quiet this morning, just trotted up to the fence and waited for us.  You probably noticed I say it as we have yet to identify the gender.  Then on down to Idaho and back for about 6 miles.  As Larry wasn't there we rode at a pretty good clip, so it was a good workout.
  On my return Marg was ready to go out for a few groceries she needed for the happy hour we are hosting at our place tomorrow.  She is going to the Fort with the gamblin' gals tomorrow, so had to get as much done as possible today.  I got fuel as we went to Fry's and with the 10 cents off points, it was under $2 per gallon.  I saw some posts from home where it is quite a bit over $1 per litre, so this is a great price here.  I also got a 5 gallon bottle of water.  They have been lasting a bit longer with the cooler weather, but I expect that will change now.
  On the way home we stopped at Jack In The Box and got some lunch.  Marg got a 4 for $4, it was: a fountain drink, small burger, fries, 2 tacos.  I got a dish that had a scrambled omelet, potato nuggets and 3 strips of bacon for under $5.  We went through the drive  through and took it home just to make for a quick lunch.
  Marg did a load of laundry, just one load as she is trying to do it in smaller batches so she doesn't have to spend a whole day messing with it.  Then she got a snack plate made up as we needed one to take to a birthday party in the park.  I went to play pool and played with two guys who are a lot better than me.  As there were 3 of us it was 2 against 1 with the person who breaks playing alone.  I'm not entirely certain, but I think I may have lost more than won.  We were pretty noisy and had lots of laughs, so it was fun.
  When I got back we went over to Tequila Lane for Harley's birthday party. They had quite a few people invited, with some form each street in the park.  There were a few people who were new to me so I introduced myself, we all know what it's like to be new and people in this park are really good about making newbies feel welcome.  One couple are from Michigan, the other from Montana.  Oh yeh, Rob the chef who is planning to hold learn to cook for men was there.  They had a chocolate cake to die for and the surprising thing was it came from Safeway.

2 comments:

  1. If you've not yet ascertained the sex of the donkey, my money would be on it being a lady. To check for certain ask it to explain the offside rule in football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am still not giving up on you having those cookery lessons

    ReplyDelete