Tuesday 6 December 2016

Tuesday Dec 6th

Another nice day in the valley.  Although it started off chilly [a typical desert morning at this time of year] it warmed up quickly and became very pleasant.
  I got up to take a bike ride, but my partner was not feeling up to it this morning.  He must have over-done himself yesterday and felt he needed a break.  Shortly after I went to Sky Harbour airport to pick up Bingers from a Southwest flight coming home from Reno.  The traffic patterns at the airport have been changed a bit, most notably the cell phone lot.  It is now quite a way from terminal 4, where last year it was adjacent to it.  Why is this important, well because rather than read the signs and believe them, I went toward the prior location.  Then when I discovered the error of my ways I had to circle the terminal and then go where the signs directed me and sure enough there it was a nice and much larger lot just waiting for me.  They also upgraded the electronic signboard that lists all the incoming flights and reports their status.  It's very cool actually as you never need to leave the vehicle.  I started to read my pocket book & Jerry called asking where I was.  So then I made my way to the terminal and again misread the sign, so got to circle terminal 4 to get to the even number doors & as luck would have it, theirs was the last one, and sure enough there they were.  I can hear you now, just another example of how us seniors don't deal with change well, LOL.  The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful as traffic was very light.
  When I got back, I saw the Jim & Daryl were still working with Mickey's sewer problem.  They worked on it yesterday without success.  He bought this 5th wheel about 2 weeks ago and this was his first trip with it.  He is a buddy of Jim's from New Mexico.  For those of you who have seen Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase, et al, you may recall the part where cousin Eddy was dumping the sewer from his decrepit motorhome.  The neighbour came out seeing him pumping the holding tank into the storm sewer & he yelled out "Sh..ters full".  Well that could be Mickey in our story, worst case of it I have ever seen.  Jim finally connected a sewer auger to his electric drill and got it cleared.  There was another movie called RV or something like that with a sewer problem that comes to mind as well, and somewhat like their process.
  Marg had a house cleaning morning and got us ship shape.  Then she got some chicken and other stuff going in the slow cooker for supper.  After I got back I drove her to Superstition mall.  It seems the sweatshirt she bought me yesterday still had the anti-theft tag attached. Real effective process they have at Sears, the alarm never went off when it went out the door and when she took it back today, they never even looked to see that she had a receipt for it.  Well it was such a bargain [about 75% off], she almost stole it.  LOL  Then we went over so she could look around in Ross's & Burlington Coat.    She got a small rug for the front door & I bought a pocket book at the store next door so I could read while she shopped, so it wasn't all that fruitful for her today.  We stopped by the Red Rooster consignment store, but it was closed, as usual.  That is about the 4th time we have tired to go there.  Kind of a frustrating place.
  We were back in good time, well in time for happy hour anyway.  It seems while there Marg announced that it would be at our place on Friday and they all agreed to have snacks at that one.  When we got back home our supper was hot and waiting, so no delay in getting fed.  We had lots more than we could eat, so Marg took a bowl of it over to Janet next door.  She is a full-time resident here and lives alone.  It seems she was happy to have a prepared dish for supper, I guess, because she seemed happy to accept.  Usually Marg gives our surplus to Mark, so I guess she is increasing her meals on wheels program.
  After supper it was bingo in the hall.  To start off the lady who normally MC's was not there.  She tells a joke each week, so they asked if I would.  Well not being prepared I discussed a few that came to mind that Marg nixed.  Finally I came up with one that had a bingo theme and told it.  We had a tough night, no winners at our table.  Marg was close all night, well heck I even got close once.  In fact she was one number for the last game which is the double dab and the big payout of the night, but alas success eluded us.
  Oh almost forgot, I got the speedo working on my bike today.  It has been out of action since last winter and I was almost ready to get another one. As luck would have it, my cycling partner, Larry, gave me a suggestion and it now appears fine.

1 comment:

  1. lol @ Christmas Vacation... must have really put You in a festive mood x

    ReplyDelete