Wednesday 9 November 2016

Wednesday, Nov 9th

Day 3 of our stay in the south.
  It was election day yesterday and surprisingly little commentary among our acquaintances on the results.  It appears they have heard enough about it all and are prepared to move on. For my part I am fine with that for the same reason.  Confucius said something like - May you live in interesting times.   We certainly are doing that.
  We went for a walk and took a few pictures to start posting on the tenant's association FB page for Carefree to get people started looking at it again.  It was a gorgeous day with temps reaching into the 80's, so more to my liking that the 90's of yesterday. 
  While taking a few photos, we stopped at the pool and I cleaned the leaves and crud out of it while Marg dabbled her feet in the water.  I think she is anxious to get back into it.  She really loves her pool time.  The water was very inviting, almost a shame to see it empty, but that will change soon enough.
It seems Jim is not here yet and with their personal situation may not be for a while, if at all this winter.  He usually cleans the pool while Barb organizes the water aerobics and while that pales in comparison to their personal challenges, it is just another reason we will be missing them.  So I decided to get the worst of the leaves and other stuff picked out.  I'm not all that familiar with the process and in fact rarely even go in the pool, but Marg and the other ladies will need someone looking after this.  Although I don't  want to take it on, I may have to look at offering to help out there.

 By the time we got back to our place, our neighbour to the west was having a shed moved from her driveway over to Mark's place.  So always up for a challenge, I gave them a bit of help, mainly lending them some blocking and watching for problems.  The guy doing it had a forklift with 12 ft forks, so pretty much had the rest of it in hand.  One of the problems is that the roof is un-shingled, as it sat under a carport.  Mark has not been real active with that kind of thing, so may need a hand getting it done, so I offered.  You can probably tell which one is me & which one is Mark.  Stay tuned. It was a little tippy, but the move went well an using a forklift is really the answer to this kind of job.  Can never have too much supervision on a job like this in our park.  LOL
  After lunch we went out: me to Harbour Freight, Marg to Big  Lots next door.  I never found anything and still do not have any coupons, so it was just an exploratory visit.  Next time I will be better prepared, even if I don't really need anything.  It is a real man cave hangout.  Marg had a lot better luck and got several bags full of necessities.  In fact she had quite a load, more than I can recall, well that's not correct, she did get all the stuff to do laundry.
  By then it was happy hour and a bbq for supper. 
  Did I mention that it was hot and sunny here in the Valley of the Sun, well there you have it.

1 comment: