Tuesday 29 November 2016

Tuesday, Nov 29th

It was chilly in the night, well in the morning as well, but by mid morning it is warming up and around mid-day it is quite pleasant.  It's funny to watch the weather reports when they blame the winter like weather coming down from Canada.  When my friends down here mention it, I just tell them in Canada we get the same effect, but blame it on weather coming down from Alaska.  It just doesn't stop in Canada, rather keeps coming south until it gets here, just like the snowbirds.  LOL
  Got some more of my project done today: put the paneling back in the bathroom closet, caulked around the pipe, etc.  Almost had a whoops with the drain pipe, it was set in place yesterday so I could measure the fit on the pieces, but one joint was not cemented.   Fortunately I discovered it and was able to remedy the situation before it became a problem.  Put the plug-in together and wired it into the circuit with the 20 amp breaker designed to handle the washer.  The power now is operational, so just need to do the water connections.  I had to take a break while the silicone was setting up.  It shouldn't take much to complete it, but I may have trouble getting to it tomorrow, we'll see.  I had a bit of a planning change, so had to go to the hardware to exchange some parts.  The cashier said, "thanks for coming in Dave".  You know you are spending too much time in the hardware store when......
  Marg's friend Shannon stopped by about then with a kitchen over the sink light fixture she bought.  He light quit and when I was walking back from church service she cornered me, so I took the faulty one out.  She had a nice LED one and I thought she came to ask my opinion on it, but no she was looking for an installer.  She is on her own now, but trying to do what she can, so I went down to her place just prior to lunch.  It was pretty much ready for a light, so it didn't take very long to put it in.  Not certain what her reaction will be, but the light will be much brighter than her old fluorescent.  Then she asked me to look at her shed & Az room.  She is looking form someone to finish off the entry, it's kind of a porch.  The electrical is a boars nest and the construction of the entry leaves a bit to be desired.  Howard had started it, but with his health was unable to complete it.  It looks to be a handful and I tried to decline, but she asked me to think about it.  I am thinking it is more work than I want to tackle, I'm here to have some fun.
  Lunch was Reuben sandwiches.  For me that is great, as it's the thing I most frequently order in a restaurant.  Marg had a nice marble rye bread and a tasty sauerkraut.  It was nice just to sit down to a cup of tea on a chilly day.  By the time we finished lunch it was warm enough that a jacket was too warm, so our timing was perfect.
  Did a bit of visiting this afternoon, some new people arrived and the usual visitors from around the park.  One of them came to see me about the Canadian flag at the park entrance.  I guess both flags  got tore up in the wind the other day and need replacement.  I had replaced the last one, so they were asking if I could do it again.  I had got a free one from my member of parliament a couple of years ago and brought it down.  They were impressed as they have to buy them here, even their own flag.  Will have to call him tomorrow and see if that is still an option.
  Happy hour was off to a slow start.  Some of the guys had to go to Peoria for a part and weren't back yet and others were late, so I had to sit with the ladies for a bit.  They were gracious in inviting me to their group, LOL.  It's a bit like the Hutterites:  guys over here, gals over there.  It wasn't too long until the guys came, it seems they got caught up in traffic and that was a traumatic experience.  Larry said there are only 7,000 in their entire county in S. Dakota and guessed there were more people on the road than in the entire state, pretty funny.
  Supper was a chicken dish in the slow cooker.  It was very nice and Marg is always well organized on Tuesday.  Bingo in the hall tonight and we don't want to be late for that.  There were 4 winners at out table, none of whom were named Gourlay, but it was all good as they are all friends.  Marg credited the luck to her bringing licorice goodies and everyone sharing in them.  Maybe I should have eaten more than one?
 

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget your supposed to retired over there not putting a builder out of work...

    ReplyDelete