Sunday 27 November 2016

Sunday, Nov 27th

Another chilly day in the valley of the sun, hey wait where was the sun?  I think the temp got up to about 65 today and Marg said this is not the Arizona she signed on for, she would rather have the 80 stuff.
  I got out and went to the church service this morning.  It was nice to see the attendance up from last week.  Pat B handed me a hymnal, pretty funny, so I asked her if she was expecting me t sing today.  Years ago my daughter told me "don't sing dad", apparently my singing sounds like someone strangling a cat, I just follow along reading it.  When I got back home, Marg had made biscuits and had some home made jam as well as other spreads.  They were like baking soda biscuits and I always enjoy those.
  After breakfast she went out to pick up a few things as she was having guests for dinner.  I worked on the drawers in the closet in our room so they would slide properly.  It was just some wear & tear that had them dragging when slid in or out.  I finished just about as Marg came back with the groceries.
  By then Kenny stopped by, ready to go to Harbour Freight.  We had talked about going yesterday, but he got his mail, so put it off until today.  He gets his mail once a week because his deal is that they bundle it up in Kansas and forward it that way.  It usually takes him a bit of time as he pays bills and generally deals with it.  He had a few things he wanted to look at and I am always up for a trip there.  We both had lots of coupons, but it takes a bit of picking through them to get the best of them.  I bought a set of hole saws and got a magnetic strip to hold tools and it attaches to just about anything.  I have one on my pegboard here and want to do the same thing at home, so was happy with it.
  When I got back Marg had started preparations for the evening meal.  She has lots of fun with this stove as it seems to have a mind of it's own, but she was successful.  First she made a strawberry cheesecake, then a nice roast beef, gravy, potatoes, vegetables, dinner rolls.  Kenny and Doris got here shortly before Lynette and we had a nice visit and cocktail before the meal.  It was a fun evening and a good way to spend a rainy evening.

1 comment:

  1. Don't recall the singing story... I always loved it when you sing the wreck of the 97 x

    ReplyDelete