Saturday 19 November 2016

Saturday, Nov 19th

It warmed up quite a bit, last night was downright pleasant.  A sharp contrast to the Thursday night temps that were the lowest since the first part of February of this year.  They are talking about rain in some parts of the state that could be snow in the higher elevations [some reports are 9,000 ft, others are 5,000] but we should not see an of it.  In fact the temp got up to about 81F today, is was very warm.
  I got out for breakfast this morning.  Bacon, eggs, pancakes but I really go for the pancakes.  They also had corned been hash and tried to tempt me with it, but I passed.  I love corned beef hash, but not for breakfast, much like I love roast beef but for any other meal. 
  When I got back, Larry and I went for a bike ride.  Fortunately I checked my bike first thing this morning and discovered the rear tire was flat.  That is the one I had problems with last week and put in my original tube, so maybe not my best decision, so I just pumped it up.  I'll have to deal with this tomorrow, but am undecided on my course of action.  The tube with the hole had that green never go flat stuff in it, so much for how effective it is.  If it was an ordinary tube I would patch it, but it has all that green slime all over it, or I could patch the old tube.  Stay tuned for the outcome on this riveting story and my decision.
  When I returned we went out to look at a few park sales.  We don't usually go to garage sales, but the ones in the nicer parks are worth a look.  Marg is looking for a few things and got one of them, a headboard for our bed.  We had a book case headboard, but because the room is tight wanted a metal frame one.  Well she found one she really liked and it was in great condition, so she got it for $10.  I wasn't really looking for anything, but did buy a Canadian coin set.  It is a mint set from 1982, so has all 6 coins produced in a sealed plastic carrier.  Knowing there is not a great deal of interest in Cdn coins here, I got it for $5, a pretty good deal.
  When we got back I changed headboards and Marg took a picture of it, so must still be happy with it.  I had to go to the hardware for bolts to install it.  Although I hate to drive down there for $2 worth of nuts, bolts & washers; it gave me an opportunity to look at plumbing solutions for the laundry installation I need to do.  It is almost ready to move from the planning stage to taking action.  Marg went out to Walmart for some things she needed.  She went to the one just down Delaware and her biggest challenge was dealing with all the people from the park she met there.  Another thing she is happy about is the kitchen supplies are finally getting to where she has choices for making meals.
  Happy hour and then supper tonight was eat in and we had a couple of those pork chops Marg got in her good deal the other day and they were fine.  Later there was a welcome back dance in the hall tonight, but we passed on it.  We needed a bit of a break, so took one.

1 comment:

  1. Appears to be good value when you buy Canadian money in the USA... they must think of it as Monopoly money lol xx

    ReplyDelete