Tuesday 22 November 2016

Tuesday

The weather turned pretty chilly last night and took a while for the sun to warm it up.  There seems to be a huge weather system covering most of the country.  The last I saw on the news was they have over 40 inches of snow in New York.  This system gave us weather that topped out during the day in the low 70's.  Still a very pleasant day but most people around here were dressing warmer. I went to long pants today and they were just right and even had a hoodie on for the early hours.
  Larry came by for a morning ride, but my tire was still flat, so I had to pass.  After we got organized, Marg went to do laundry, so I helped her with getting the stuff to the truck and into the Laundromat.  As luck would have it there were no other people with the same idea, so she had lots of machine space and was able to get everything going at the same time.  I was doing some organizing and making some changes in the shed as it's small and I really have to keep on top of organizing things to keep it from being a boars nest.  Then I got the tire off and found my leak, so had to go out for a patch kit.  Found it a the bike store up the Trail. They do flat repairs if you bring in the tire on the rim for $19, but I got the kit for $4 with enough patches for 20 fixes.  Hey I should go into business competing with them - NOT.  Anyway went back home [well this is my home for now] and helped Marg get the laundered clothes back to our place and then fixed the flat.
  Almost forgot, when we went out there was water all down the road in front of our place.  A guy pulled in late yesterday and connected to water and set up to fill his on board tank.  I guess he left it on all night and it just came out the over-flow.  Marg overheard the doofus camped next to him say - Yeh it ran all night.  Well most people would go over and say something I would think when you see a regular river running down the road in a state that has a water shortage. 
  We had what was left of our bread loaf in french toast [yes eggy bread Char], yes I know we had it yesterday.  I told her I wouldn't complain as long as we have it less than 6 days a week, LOL.  She is OK with it, but not that OK, so I consider myself fortunate anytime we have it.  After she got the stuff steamed and put away.  I took a quick test drive on the bike and then went to play pool.  I got in with a couple of pretty good players and we had some fun.  I won more than lost, but just when I start to get too confident, they would kick my butt.  Marg went out to Fry's for a few groceries.  With having only one fridge and no freezer she needs to shop much more frequently and Tuesday's seniors get a discount and apparently it was very busy in there.  She did see a local celebrity in the line ahead of her, he is the Willy Nelson impersonator at the Arizona Opry.
  Happy hour at Blanke's and there were lots of folks there today.  Then it was home for a bbq steak and baked potato.  Good thing Marg was organized because we didn't have a lot of time.  It was nice meat, for here; well it's not Alberta beef.  Then it was off to bingo.  We had a winner at our table, but alas not us.  We were both very close several times, but it was not meant to be.

1 comment: