Wednesday 23 March 2016

Wednesday

Wednesday started off a bit chilly, some people actually had jackets on.  The wind blew pretty hard and it was a cool wind compared to the last few days.  It seems we are heading into a cooling off period or at least not so hot period.
  Gerry came over for golf this morning and I took a jacket out to the course, but never did use it.  This was our second last organized day of golf as the lady who runs it will be leaving for home.  For the first time in in a while we had openings that went unfilled, so we play in a threesome.  The game mainly went pretty well, in fact much better than  thought when out on the course.  I ended up 40 & Gerry 41, so two great rounds.  I think it is because we like the course and are more relaxed when we play it, but not sure I can keep this up, so just enjoy it for now.  LOL  It played fairly quickly and we were back to the park in good time.
  Marg did some housecleaning this morning and had quite a time getting the floors washed.  She said she had to go over them 4 times before she got them to her satisfaction.  She made some lunch and then I went to play pool.  The place was pretty busy and I played a guy who is  lot better than I am.  He used to do some trick shot stuff and play for some big money when he was younger and still shoots a mean game.  In the afternoon Marg went grocery shopping and picked up a bunch of stuff we needed, it seems we were running low on just about everything.  She had it all unloaded and put away by the time I got back.
  We had plans to go out for supper to the Golden Corral.  A group in the park had organized a pot luck soup and sandwich meal for tonight.  Everyone was to bring a crock pot with soup in it.  We don't care for pot lucks all that much, they really only work well if you get to the food early.  The last people typically get what was unpopular or unappealing, which makes for a poor substitute for a meal.  I think there must be something like a Murphy's law of pot luck that comes to play and deals with quality of what you bring/place in line to eat.  LOL Marg and Linda after talking about it, decided to go to the Golden Corral and let anyone not going to the dinner know in case they were interested.  It turned out there were 15 or 16 of us.  It was kind of nice that the place wasn't as crowded as usual, but the food was just as good.  On the way there I stopped at Fry's and picked up some Crown Royal [$13.99 on sale] and a 30 pack of MGD [$19 on sale].
  I left right after eating as it was poker night.  Jerry caught a ride with me and Marg came back with the Blanke's.  We only had 6 for poker tonight, but that was good as it gave us more options on what games we could play.  While I don't know how much I lost, I am fairly certain I didn't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment