Wednesday 16 March 2016

Wednesday

This was a busier day for us and we are entering into a period of hot weather.
  Gerry came and we went to Apache Sun to play golf with the bunch from the park here.  It was a great day for golf and I hit the ball well off the tee for a change.  Several people asked me at times throughout the day whether my day was going as well as last week, Hah!  But I did have a good game, carding a few strokes more than my personal best and was happy with the result.  By the time I got back, Marg had gone to water aerobics.  For certain she is starting to feel better.  In fact she said the pool was too warm and would have preferred it cooler.
  I did a bit of visiting stopping in to check out Smitty's new place and discovered he is having the same soffit problems I was over the Az room, so told him about the screens I made.  By the time I got down to see if she was at the pool, she was back home.  Fortunately I rode the bike, saving a lot of shoe leather and time.  By then it was lunch, so a quick sandwich and an orange and back out.  The oranges we got at the Superstition market are pretty good, so we are trying to use them up before they change.
  After lunch Marg had arranged to meet with Gary & Patti and their crew to deal with the corned beef.  We got it out and put in a couple of huge pots to boil with some spices and chopped up onions.  The crew all showed up as well and washed the spuds and got some stuff ready for tomorrow.  It took a long time to cook, a little more than 4 hours.  Being busy we went down to Ihop for supper, then back to check on the corned beef.  It was pretty much cooked, so we took it out to cool and then tomorrow it will be cut up.
  I went to poker, where we had 6 tonight.  I would like to be able to say I made my little bag full, but unfortunately I seemed to have difficulty catching the cards tonight, so probably donated a dollar or two.

2 comments: