Sunday 13 March 2016

Sunday, March 13th

Chilly last night, but the sun warmed the day quickly making for a very nice day with a bit of a breeze all day.
  The cold Marg seemed to be getting has indeed become a full blown nasty cold.  She has mostly a head cold with stuffy head, watery eyes and tired feeling.  She covered up with Vicks last night and that seemed to stop the coughing and gave her a bit of a break.  Today she pretty much stayed around the house and rested.  At one point she unsuccessfully tried to take a nap, but she did get rest.  At this point she is trying some off-the-shelf remedies and we will see how it goes.
  I was up early and went to the church service this morning.  We had a fill-in pastor as Don was away for his brother's funeral and dealing with family.  Considering this attendance was pretty as even though some folks were missing, there were some new people.  He was pretty good, although the sermon was lengthy and being accustomed to Don's style probably made it seem longer.  No matter, it still was an opportunity to put in a good word for some people who are important to me.
  I had some people to go and see this morning, mainly to cancel things we had planned to do and now they will have to wait until Marg is feeling better.  During my travels through the park I encountered half a dozen people or their spouses who reported feeling poorly.  I don't know what it is, she never gets colds like this at home, yet every year here seems to have a bout of it.  I almost think it is a combination of cold and allergies.  Fingers crossed that it doesn't last very long.
  We mostly sat around today and did some stuff on the computer.  I finally figured out where my favourites are on this Windows 10 and how to access them.  I haven't been able to use Google, rather had to use Edge, which seems to be a new windows browser/product.  It is certainly making life interesting.  It was a nice change of pace and I spent pretty much the day on the patio.  Other than the stuff I was doing on the computer and a bit of reading, I cleaned my clubs for golf tomorrow and did some re-arranging in the shed.
  Supper tonight was my turn to cook, so we got a pizza from Fat Mans Chicago pizza.  It was very good and although we had a medium, it was too much for us.  After we finished Marg suggested we give the rest to Mark.  He is a single guy in the park and quite a character, who live here year round.  He looks like he could have played in ZZTop.  Nice guy if you take the time to get to know him and he does lots of good things for a couple of the folks who live in the park that are having difficulty getting around, so this is a kind of a pay-it-forward thing Marg did, I guess.  He is kind of a second hand dealer and sells stuff, I think he has a booth someplace, like an antique mall.  He always seems to have junk to sell when the opportunity presents itself anyway.
  One couple that work ice cream socials has left, so Marg volunteered to work the last 3 weeks, she told me 2, to soften the blow.  With her being sick; telling Lynette was one of those duties this AM, but the person who never volunteered was still able to scoop ice cream [miss piggy would say moi].  It was all good as I got to have strawberries on my chocolate ice cream tonight.  That is generally what I used to have when we worked these; most times I like that better than banana splits.

1 comment: