Saturday 26 March 2016

Saturday, March 26th

It was another nice day in the valley of the sun.  We slept in a bit and then when I got up I knew why, I was so stiff from golf yesterday, must have overdone it.  In fact I called Gerry to tell him that I would not play on Monday as I was feeling too beat up from the day.
  After we got mobile, we went to take some pictures in the park.  Patti has an amazing cactus garden and it has some neat features, so that was our first stop.  She is also pretty creative, like the statue or mannequin she has with the binoculars that appears to be looking at whomever is passing by their place.  Being Easter she had it dressed like a rabbit, pretty funny.  Then across the road I took a picture of Aaron's shed that he had painted to resemble the countryside near where they live and posted them all on facebook.  When I put pictures on the tenants assoc. site it always gets lots of interest and this has been no exception.
  After we went over to the big Walmart on Picture Butte.  Never really found much of what we were looking for, although Marg did pick up a few things.  When we got back home, I put up some hooks to hang things on [one of the purchases].  Then we cleaned out the Az room putting all my golf stuff and the rest of it in the shed.  We are having a house guest tomorrow night, Linda has her family coming and needs a place for one night.  Then Proulx's are coming on Tuesday for 2 nights.  Linda brought her own sheets, so Marg & her put them on and when she takes them with her will put a set on for the next guests.
  After lunch I went and played pool.  There was no one there, so I went and got Dale.  He is a very good player, but has not been playing much in the park.  Even though he generally thrashes me, he is fun to play.  Just after we got there, Luther, then Jim showed up so we played four for a while.  Then another guy came in so we played 3 as one guy went to give then newcomer a game.  It's kind of the way it goes here, the guys generally try to accommodate anyone who wants to play.  I had a bit of a hot streak going at times.  During one of those times, Kenny came to watch a bit and seemed to be impressed.  It was a game where I was alone against the other two, both of whom are very good players.  They were down to the 8 ball and I still had 3 balls on the table.  As luck would have it I ran all 4 remaining balls to win.  Well you would have thought I had split the atom from the way Kenny regaled anyone who would listen with tales of the game.  I have played him a few times and it convinced him I had been going easy on him; it was pretty funny.
   Marg got some clothes steamed in the afternoon.  Being quite warm, she does it on the patio rather than inside.  Then she started getting stuff ready as we were hosting the happy hour group today.  She put out taco chips with 2 kinds of salsa and guacamole.  She also had a cheese tray and a platter of crackers, some sausage chopped up and some taco type cups filled with a dip containing spinach, artichoke hearts and parm cheese.  These were really a hit.  There were about 20 people here in the breezeway and they stayed longer than the regular hour, in fact about `2 hours or more.  Rita had also brought a dessert dish she made.  Anyway it was a fun evening.

1 comment:

  1. Love how Kenny regaled anyone who would listen... x

    ReplyDelete